WTF is Going on with my Order ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cantunis, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Cantunis macrumors member

Hello ,

Today at 10:00 GMT+1 my order said " NL DISTRIBUTION CENTRE " as Carrier . So I was "Ok , its on europe , I will get it soon" .

Now at 12:00 GMT+1 Its changed to " KUEHNE & NAGEL " and I got a number starting with RTML that doesn't give any results on the K&N page .

Whats going on now ? Is my order on NL , still in china , coming ?

Apple States Estimated Date 03 / 02 / 2009 . Ordered on 23th Jan , Shipped 24th as Apple says .

Please someone enlighten me . All my other order have been very straightforward with UPS as carrier right away .

Regards,

A future 2.8 7200 MBP Owner

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I have ordered a few things through apple and it has always come up with Kuenhe & Nagel as the shipping company once it has reached Holland. It might take some time for it to be updated onto their system.

I live in the UK.

When you say all previous orders where with UPS straight away, were these standard items or BTO items? What country are you in?

If they are standard items then they will be taken from a local(ish) supply but if BTO then it is likely it will come from China.

Apple use difference carriers for different regions, that said I have had two different carriers for the same address.

3. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

I live in Spain , and my previous orders were standard items yeah, Ipods and that kind of stuff .

I never heard of a K&N office in Spain , but their website says they have an office in "Madrid" , so it will definately go to "Madrid" by Airplane and then come on to me .

However i am skeptical I will get it on the est. date 03 Feb if my MBP 2.8 , ACD , AppleCare and Incase get shipped today .

Regards,
    Alex

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

For me K&H delivered the item to a DHL (iirc) distribution point in the UK and DHL delivered it to my house.

K&H typically took about 24 hours to move the item from Holland to central UK. And then the delivery company shipped it out the day after.

Standard items such as the ACD, applecare and incase typically are merged together during the delivery process as they will likely be held in local stock so these items will most likely be waiting somewhere in Spain for your MBP to catch up.

The 3rd is still a few days away so it could well arrive on time.

Good luck and enjoy your new machine and extra goodies :)

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

That looks quite normal. As the post above said, the MBP will catch up.

6. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

Ok , thanks for your imput guys . Will wait and post some pics when I get it :)

Regards,
    Alex

7. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

The wait can be excruciating, but trust me, it will be well worth it. Enjoy every moment when you open your Apple goodies!

And... don't rush it, take it easy.

8. dnjmarlboro macrumors member

OT:
    My Macbook Pro was shipped on 11.01.2009 (Shanghai) and UPS delivered on 12.01.2009 (Germany).
    Man this was really fast!

9. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

Damn that was so ****** fast ! Did you pay for expedited delivery ?

Im my case I had no choice , Standard Shipping or .. Standard Shipping . Ordered on 23th and here I am , waiting :)

However I gave a call to :apple: . South-American guy on the line . Your packet is in NL , but as it hasnt still left NL you get the old tracking info , so screw the site .

So if all things go well , I could have it on monday . Dispatch today , monday in spain , and delivery

10. dnjmarlboro macrumors member

Mmh, i did not choose any other shipping option (just free shipping).
    UPS Tracking System:
    Produkt: WORLD EASE
    Service: UPS SAVER

11. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

then you are a lucky guy ;)

12. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

Got tracking number from UPS .

However 2 of the the packets say " On Transit - In Time " and one " Shipping Info Received ".

Is this normal ?

13. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Hard to say really as to answer that question fully you would need to know standard apple shipping procedures in regards to your area and local stockage etc.

It is just a case of patiently waiting for delivery and perhaps not checking everyone 30 minutes (I know from experience how hard doing that actually is :))

14. Quagmire1088 macrumors newbie

Quagmire1088

i orderd mine on the 23rd and it shipped on the 28th but it says expected delivery on the 7th of feb?!? thats along time no idea whats happend i orderd:

2.53Ghz
    320gb 7200
    Mini display to DVI
    and an ipod nano 16 GB

any ideas why its going to take 14 days??

Cheers

15. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

Yes , I know , its difficult not to check every 30 minutes . Even more when the packet that isnt confirmed shipping is the MBP itself . There's no point receiving an ACD 24" with Mini DisplayPort if you don't have anything to plug in . Also , the MBP is the most expensive thing of the purchase , and wouldnt want it to be stolen (even if apple sent a new one )

Will see what happenms on monday and if theres still same info , call :apple: . At least its a toll-free number :D

16. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

For you : 320GB 7200 isnt stock config . If they ran out of supplies at local , they will ship it from Shanghai , just as mine . And take in mind , they use a cheap and SLOW carrier . But Anyways , it was free shipping ( well .. included in the price ) :D

17. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

the 2 packets are in brussels now . MBP still " Shipping info received " .

What is going on? Has my MBP been stolen ?!

18. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

19. Quagmire1088 macrumors newbie

Quagmire1088

tracked my order and it is still in china >.< which sucks but hey i orderd the mods and im impatiant but ill just have to wait but its definately a far sight longer than the 5 buissnes days it said on the website,

cheers for the info though not worried now thought there was a problem with my order.

20. Cantunis thread starter macrumors member

Damn ****** new chinese year . Hopefully its over . :)

Btw ... has anyone had the "Stuck on Billing Info Received " UPS Status ? Did you get the order shipped ?

I have read several posts about people with this issue and they got the packet , however im nervous . Having waited 12 days .. if it gets stolen its 12 days more .

Also my Scheduled Delivery date for the 2 packets is now 4th Feb . Screw UPS .