WTF is happening?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphonegeek786, Apr 21, 2010.

1. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

I had a lot of problems with my iphone when I clicked Reset All settings. Anyways, I finally restored, I'm not a newb or anything.

1)Can redsn0w hacktivate your phone. Im on the screen where it says emergency call and alll that crap. If yes, ;is there a specific option.

2) I tried to jailbreak a 3.1.3 Iphone 3g, whenever I get to the part where it shows you how to put the phone into dfu mode, I don't know if it does I just do what it says and then it says waiting for reboot, but my phone is off!!!! It is off Because it said to hold it for 10 seconds after 10 it shuts on but then off. I connected the iphone to the computer but do I have to have itunes on?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Go to iClarified and get a tutorial for JB a 3G on 3.1.3.

And you need to stay away from those reset buttons, then you can convince us you are not a newbie.

3. iphonegeek786 thread starter macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

Thats the first thing I did. But its not going to DFU mode but instead it goes to recovery mode with the itunes logo.
    Oh and does redsn0w activate

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You are waiting too long to release the sleep/wake button. Keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

And, yes, of course redsn0w will hacktivate your phone.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Let go of the button almost immediately after the iPhone screen goes black. You should hear a beep or tone about that time as well. There are some tutorials that say "exactly" 10 seconds, which leads users to holding the button too long. After the screen goes black it will remain black. If not, you did it wrong.

6. iphonegeek786 thread starter macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

Ok thanks, now just pray for me that I have a bootloader less than 5.08(have to unlock).