wtf is up with itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WordLife565, Sep 26, 2009.

1. WordLife565 macrumors regular

it won't play a couple of my albums anymore. So far that it won't play Coldplay's Safety EP anymore and it won't play Robin Thicke's Something Else, both worked perfectly fine in iTunes 8. and I just updated to itunes 9.01 a few minutes ago, and they still won't work. I tried removing the songs, then readding them, but that didn't work either. wtf is up with iTunes.

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

not sure but this is what I would do:

Keep all of your music library intact in the file system (itunes music folder or whatever) and go into your itunes folder and delete "iTunes Library" lib file, and then add the directory with all your music manually through itunes.

It might be a database corruption issue.

good luck!

3. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

iTunes is fubar'd. It "lost" hundreds of my songs. Where the hell are they??? I just loaded some of them. It is miserably slow now to do anything. What the hell! We need an alternative that actually works right because apparently Apple is screwing the pooch.

4. jtg618 macrumors newbie

Don't feel alone. Suddenly my Wu-Tang album along with a couple R&B albums have also stopped working out of the blue. I've posted this issue here and on apple's discussion boards this past weekend. Apparently it seems like its a very uncommon bug with iTunes 9; can't find any solutions on the 'net.

5. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Do you have Time Machine backups? If so, then why not downgrade itunes and your entire library to an earlier version at an earlier date?

6. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

iTunes has become an incredibly bloated and horrific mess. And they talk about Windows, they should be pointing the finger at themselves. I wish the Dept of Justice and the EU would come after them and force them to unbundle iTunes from the iPod, allowing alternative programs. Because the one they got sucks.

7. ElijahPost macrumors member

the new iTunes is driving me nuts. It's soooooo slloww. and the window is always going everywhere.

8. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

thank u - i swear itunes is like a trojan horse with all these added "features"

it runs so slow and it's so huge now - sure if i was a fanboy i'd just say - give it to me steve - i'm bending over! but i'm not

i'm a human being