Wtf is wrong w/ my MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by n8236, Jan 21, 2008.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

So it's been nearly two years since I've had my MBP, and lately its been acting strange.

1) When I am in OSX or XP without being plugged into the AC, the screen starts to flicker like like a light bulb in a rain storm. It'll get dim, bright, dim, bright in a very constant way. Inverter problem? Mobo? What is it?

2) Is there something wrong w/ the standby function in Boot Camp? Occasionally, XP would not resume and a cold start is required.

3) Sometimes I when boot up and select XP, the screen just stays black, which will then require another reboot.

4) Also, at times XP will just simply fail to work w/o an AC adapter. I just don't get it!

Please help :(

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Some more info would help like what version of OSX are you running and what are the system specs.

Otherwise it's like saying I have a string in my pocket, how long is it?

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Can I throw out there the possibility that it's a BootCamp or XP issue? I mean, all our your problems are related to booting or running XP, so it's reasonable to assume that one of those programs is at fault.

Did you have any of these issues before installing BootCamp and XP?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

most of your issues are when using XP in boot camp. try re installing the boot camp drivers. as for the screen flicker issue in both Mac OS X try an archive and install. you could have a graphics issue so get your mac checked out.