Wtf is wrong w/ ppl!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by n8236, Sep 3, 2009.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

For some reason, these two news pieces have got my blood boiling.

The first involves a cat who was shot by an 18" arrow thru its head. Thankfully it survived without any permanent damage to its brain. Then the final piece is the fire of SoCal that's said to be arson.

Seriously, I know there are wackos out there, but wtf is wrong w/ these sick people. They just make me SICK to the core. I don't even know how to express how I feel in words. So God damn depressing.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

We've had a few depressing stories over here too. 2 kids (yes kids) tried to kill 2 other kids, some guy molested his girlfriend's daughter and then killed her and himself. And 2 local schoolkids were about to commit some big Columbine style murder-spree. I'm sure theres more but I've taken a break from watching the news :eek:.
    Some people are d**ks is all.

3. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

Not that those are not bad people, but there are far worse people who have done/directly caused far ghastlier things (think Hitler, Jesus' Fanclub, Joseph Stalin...)

One death, tragedy. One Million deaths?

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

there will always be crazed wackos out there to balance out the non wackos like us.

5. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Its sickening.

@justaregularjoe you have a point, but your also missing it. A lot.

Lets hope that somehow they get what they deserve.

Now lets try to live good, peaceful, happy *if possible* lives.

-Omi

6. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Wow, you win the award for the most ridiculous post I've ever read on this forum. Ever.

7. Dany M macrumors 6502

What are you talking about? Have you read the guy's post? Where is is attempting to covey this as a genocide? It is disturbing to think a person see's this disturbing act as just one off killing. While you may not feel empathy, trying to reduce the situation and give greater context on 'actual' murders is not needed, rude and offensive.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/josephstal137476.html

The quote you were so haphazardly added at the end of your post is distracting to the original post.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Seriously?

1) it may have been a wild cat. I know when we lived on the farm when i was little, we had disease ridden barn cats that my parents didnt want around my dogs and my brothers so we got rid of them

2) arson? someone may really be troubled financially and thought that was their one way out in order to cash in on insurance. most people do not think that through and end up paying for their decision

unless you are in someone elses' shoes, its hard to judge them appropriately

9. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I just go with Alfred's line from The Dark Knight. "Some people just want to watch the world burn".

Dale

10. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

Clearly not a competition to see who's done worse things.
    If you did something awful, then you did something awful. It's irrelevant if someone else did worse things.

'Hey, this guy killed 10 people.'
    'Hey, whatever. Who cares man. Hitler is worse, he killed millions!'

11. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

There is no excuse for starting a brush fire that leads to the death of two firemen, destroys peoples homes, costs tens of milions of dollars to fight, and generally disrupts many peoples lives. It is pretty easy to judge a person that would deliberately start a brush fire. Additionally, I understand you might not be up on the SoCal fire, but it wasn't started by someone trying to burn down their house for insurance money, it supposedly start near a large tree back a little ways in the brush.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Nothing to report from my area... for the last year or so...

13. David G. macrumors 65816

Someone around Anchorage shot a swan through one of it's wings with an arrow. A few kayakers cornered it to get it with a couple of Veterinarians waiting ashore to carefully pull the arrow out. It's okay now.

Also, there have been a few murders this year of homeless people around the Anchorage bowl as well. I don't know exactly how many but I do know I'm not helping you to cheer up OP.:(

14. ddiogyn macrumors member

Happens everywhere sadly. Just last week there was a report here of a group of drunken teenagers dousing a poor cat with alcohol and setting it alight... i think they were banned from keeping animals by the court and received little else by way of punishment.

15. grouper macrumors regular

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow, so you're likening Christians to Hitler and Stalin? If that's not the most ignorant and stupid comment ever I don't know what is.

17. No1451 macrumors 6502

Yours is, cruelty takes all kinds, it really makes no difference if you are Christian, agnostic, atheist or other humans from any group are capable of these sorts of things.

At any rate people can be fairly horrible, it's been that way for millennia and likely will be for a few more. Try your best to stop it but don't get your hopes up that we will change any time soon.

18. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

[​IMG]

19. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Yeah, I've heard all of this. Britain really does suck major donkey kong.

20. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Not at all. I'd say more people have died in the name of religion than any other cause, be it Hitler or any other world leader. Bone up on some history there.