Wtf is wrong with my iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aPple nErd, Mar 25, 2013.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Ok my iMac has been to the apple store numerous times because of freezing and beachball and white and black screens. Well don't even get me started on the genius bar experience. The problem is till happening. Should I wipe the hard drive, or is the logic board going out or is the monitor cable loose? Any help is appreciated.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Mid 2011 iMac 21.5 inch 2.5 ghtz core i5 4gb ram, 500gb hdd, and osx mountain lion 10.8.2

4. simsaladimbamba

Tried more RAM and 10.8.3 yet?

Open Activity Monitor and go to the System Memory* tab and look for Page Outs and Swap used and report back.
    Open Activity Monitor and select All Processes and then sort by CPU to show you the process(es) slowing down your Mac or speeding up your fan(s) or causing more heat.

5. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

It's been happening since 10.8.1 the reason I think a cable is loose is that when I had the fans replaced, the Mac was on 10.8.1, and after that, the problems started. I'm thinking maybe the cable got loose a little bit when the technician was fixing it. But it ran fine untill 10.81, after it got ome from apple store. Also, it mostly happens when I'm switching users, or putting it to sleep, or waking it up.