WTF just happened? (video converted from VOB to DIVX)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DDar, Oct 8, 2008.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

Okay, so I was just finishing converting a video from VOB to DIVX. When I open the video however, for some reason, the video has commentary in it. Anyways, this strikes me as odd, so I open up my video converter software and startup the preview. It goes fine for a few seconds, no subtitles, and then the screen goes black! o_O
    That's right! The WHOLE screen! However, I can still see the mouse, but after a few seconds that turns into a multi-colored rainbow. So I think "Well... It's still running... Lets try putting it to sleep..." so I close the lid. It takes it quite a few seconds to go to sleep, but it finally does. However, when I open it up the WHOLE screen is still black, only this time there's no black mouse or multi colored rainbow to go along with it.

Anyways, I force it to shut down, and then power it back up right away. The screen turns white like normal, but then, just for a second, it turns black again, but then resumes startup like normal.

The MBP is running like normal now, but I must say, this has left me quite shaken... Especially since this thing isn't even two weeks old yet! D=

Soo, anyways, does anybody know what just happened? Was this just a normal crash that I should just forget about, or was it something more?

2. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

your video conversion software is retarded. it's not a crash unless you get the grey box. bad application, try a different one.

3. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

Ah, so it was the converter, not the Mac itself?
    Well that's good to know I guess. =]

Hehe, you know, it's kind of funny. I never noticed that the mouse arrow was black until this happened. :p

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Please do not use the word "retard" in a derogatory way.