WTF moment: How to get contact phone number??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pflau, Jun 7, 2015.

1. pflau macrumors 6502

OK, I had a WTF moment with my AW this afternoon. I left my iPhone in the car and went into some store for some business. I needed to find the phone number of one of my contacts. I would imagine that is a no-brainer. I looked into the watch, there is no contact app. I found the phone app, open the contact, and did not see any phone number listed. What am I missing? How can I not get my contact info from the watch?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The only way I know how is to go to the phone app on the watch > contacts > find your contact > attempt to message the person. The phone number will display there.

3. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Siri

"What is insert-name-here's phone number"
    "What is insert-name-here's cell number"
    "Lookup insert-name-here's info"

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I don't believe this will work. Asking for this initiates a "handoff" to your phone, which thread starter didn't have.

5. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Siri on the watch can't do this? (sorry, don't have mine yet) - figured that should work.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

hey man how are ya? good to see you in the Apple watch sub

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Very strange that the phone app doesn't do this. Luckily I have seen phone numbers on Apple Watch before! It would just feel rather odd for just looking up a number so this should be addressed.

Anyway if you go messages > force touch > new message > select contact it will show you that contacts phone numbers.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This does work:D, it initially displays the phone numbers of those you have recently sent messages to, but if you touch the blue silhouette+ button, you get your address listings - however, I'll bet this is dependent on an "active" bluetooth link to iPhone.

:).

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I turned off Bluetooth and gave it a go. While disconnected I was still able to pull up the phone numbers no problem. Also my watch was not on wifi.