Wtf!!! need expert help please i beg....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdm-az-fuk, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jdm-az-fuk macrumors newbie

hey mac rumors

i fix iphones all the time ... ive changed maybe 70 cracked screens and over 15 lcd's. etc etc..

so keep in mind that im very comftable with reparing these phones... but i have met my match twice in a day.....

i own 3 iphones... 2- 8gb3g's and a 16gb3gs

both the 3g phone's screens where cracked, i bought them for cheap... so i saw the oppertunity to get the phones and change the screen like ive done numerous times before... i didnt order the screens for a while cause of lack of spare money. the phones worked great even with the cracked screens. i would use the phones as itouches. well i finally orderd the screens and i used the same exact procedures to change out the screen on both phones, but for some reason something went wrong... the lcd and touch panel is not responding at all, but the home and power button works. itunes also reconizes the phone, the phones ring, vibrates etc. i dont know what to do please help ive done my search everytime someone asks the same question it doesnt get answerd

before u recomend ideas ive done:

reinstalled the firmware
    ive soft reseted the phones
    hard reseted the phones
    i did the hold the power and home button untill it resets
    i opened the phone again to check the connection and everything looks fine
    i double pressed all the connectors

2. jdm-az-fuk thread starter macrumors newbie

i just opened the phone again and opened and the logic board to check for any broken parts... everything checked out fine..and the same problem exsist..... nothing on the screen still doesnt work... no touch screen no lcd....

any ideas?/???

3. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

i've only done a couple of frankeniphones, but it's quite possible there is a change in the parts used. also, the replacement lcd could be damaged without any visible fractures. sorry, there probably isn't an easy solution. i'd be testing with a multimeter to make sure the connections are working.