Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevey500

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Okay can someone explain what is going on here... I have been running tiger for quite a while now with very very little problems. Well I was just browsing around in safari on a cellphone forum ( http://www.pdaphonehome.com ) and ... Safari Crashed... relaunching with every setting gone... but bookmarks still there... iTunes settings, gone, My favorite application settings, GONE!!, System Settings... Pssh yup thats gone too. What the hell????!?!?!?! And I kept getting these messages randomly... in this attached screenshot.. I felt like I suddenly got hit by a virus. ...

Attachments

• null.jpg
    null.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 102

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
what type of install did u do?

I got one of those too. With iTunes. Told me my library was currupt but than loaded it fine with the exception of a 7000 song playlist???? (my library only has 2000)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Safari crashed and you picked the new retry option, right? Retry launches the app again, pretending you don't have settings. Tell it to bail out, and your old settings should still be there on the next launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.