Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I just went into System Preferences to change some Display settings, but I notice that the image of my iMac is upside down. Why is that? WTF? :eek:

Screen_Shot_2012_08_24_at_9_22_16_PM.png

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Do you have a rotation setting on the display ?
A rotation setting wouldn't account for the fact that everything else in that preference pane is oriented correctly, and only the iMac image is upside-down, would it?

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Maybe somebody has played a little joke on you by finding the image that it uses and editing it to be upside-down. Does anyone else have access to your computer?

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
Maybe somebody has played a little joke on you by finding the image that it uses and editing it to be upside-down. Does anyone else have access to your computer?

Nope. I keep this thing locked down more than the vault in the White House with our Nation's top-secret plans.

----------

Or actually, FL studio.

OP: Are any other images which would be built into the OS upside down, i.e. application icons, other icons in syspref, etc?

The icon for my Photosmart Premium C310 printer is upside down. Maybe OS X 10.8.1 includes some early April Fool's Day jokes? :eek:

Screen_Shot_2012_08_24_at_10_56_27_PM.png

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
Or it could be you playing a cute joke on us :p

Printer in the kitchen? :eek:

It's not actually "in the kitchen."

It's in a little cupboard, right next to the kitchen entry.

And no, I'm not playing a prank. I'm dead serious. It's actually showing images upside down.

Last edited:

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
Strange thing is though, the picture of the iMac is mirrored from the top, whereas the picture of the printer is rotated 180, not mirrored.

So, is the Kitchen Printer rotated or mirrored?

:apple:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
[bad joke]did you switched language settings to Australia ? Down under ? [/bad joke]
[bad joke]the prototype of the new batMac[/bad joke]

Sorry !

More sirious: did you installed any different graphic driver ? E.g. to drive external screen via USB ?

Did you played with tools from XCode changing settings in the graphical subsystem ? Some times I had some funny effects on my iPad.

Anywhere else in the system ?

Last edited:

MosesL

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I know this is an old one, but just saw this on my macbook pro (yosemite 10.10.4) and took a screenshot.

[bad joke]did you switched language settings to Australia ? Down under ? [/bad joke]
[bad joke]the prototype of the new batMac[/bad joke]

Sorry !

More sirious: did you installed any different graphic driver ? E.g. to drive external screen via USB ?

Did you played with tools from XCode changing settings in the graphical subsystem ? Some times I had some funny effects on my iPad.

Anywhere else in the system ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.57.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.57.00 AM.png
    111 KB · Views: 163
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.