wtf warning do not put your ipod on a electric blanket

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Nov 1, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

Well I accendently left my ipod touch 2g on a electric blanket that was on high. Later I come back to see that my ipod touch is really hot. So I turn it on and it has a greenish scrren now. Only the lock scrren and main menu was greenish and weird looking but when I was in apps it was normal. I was scared for a second that I ruin my touch so I turned it on and still the same. So then I restarted it and everything went back to normal. I don't know why it did this. Do u think it had something to do with my new flick case touching the electric blanet causing the ipod screen to change colors? Has this happen to anyone elese? I would of had pictures but I restart now its back to normal bug if it does it again ill take snaps.

Ps sorry for spelling/grammar I'm typing from my g1

2. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

just a hunch, but it may have been the emence heat spewing forth from your electified blanket :D

3. pkagel macrumors regular

Next time let the darn thing cool down before attempting to turn it on.

4. OffBrand macrumors member

Man, I didn't know electric blankets were still used outside of hospitals.

5. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Heat may not have been the only thing transmitted to your touch. Electric blankets, like most household electrical appliances are known to give off low frequency electric and magnetic fields. Just something else for you to consider as to why your touch screen skitz out.

I remember a few years ago the magnets from inside my home stereo had the same effect on my television screen. It just took a little while for the green/blue/purple to go once I positioned the speakers a little further away and the television screen was back to normal in no time.

I think your touch screen will be okay ;)

6. only macrumors regular

I thought the point of hospitals was to restore and maintain one's health?

7. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Did I miss something? He said outside of hospitals meaning it was the exception.

8. only macrumors regular

Maybe, it depends on your POV.

He inferred hospitals still use them. Given the debate of the effects on one's health by draping yourself head to toe with an electromagnetic field for hours at a time, night after night it's hard to imagine hospitals would use them unless it was absolutely necessary. I imagine most hospitals would err on the side of caution than use electric blankets regularly.

9. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I guess we are looking at this from different perspectives. I gathered from his quote that he was surprised to see people use them outside of a hospital since as you say it could affect a person's health.

Most hospitals do use normal blankets but there are occasions when they are put to use. I've had one draped on me before surgery to keep me warm.

The OP didn't indicate whether or not he was in a hospital but I think the assumption is he is not. Therefore, why would he be using an electric blanket? Hence, the quote "Man, I didn't know electric blankets were still used outside of hospitals."

Either way, thanks for taking the time to explain what you meant. I appreciate it.

10. only macrumors regular

Yeah, there are specific uses for them which isn't going to do anyone any harm if used a few times no matter what side of the debate you're on as far as electromagnetic radiation goes.

I was speaking to the reply mostly as opposed to the OP, assuming electric blankets were still regular standard issue in patient beds. And you're welcome. :)

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Since we're dispensing important safety advice, I thought I'd add a few important ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. only macrumors regular

sass4lyfe