Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
On my 64gb iPhone 4s which has 27 gb of free space, I recorded an 18-minute video. I know it was recording...the timer was running and all just like the hundreds of iPhone videos I've filmed over the years. When I went to my photos and videos, it's not there! My only thought is, is there a limit on the length that can be recorded? I'm really pissed!

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I have had videos go missing before. When that happened to me they came back by turning the phone off and back on.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
On my 64gb iPhone 4s which has 27 gb of free space, I recorded an 18-minute video. I know it was recording...the timer was running and all just like the hundreds of iPhone videos I've filmed over the years. When I went to my photos and videos, it's not there! My only thought is, is there a limit on the length that can be recorded? I'm really pissed!

I don't know what happened, but there is no limit to recording length that I know of, barring storing space and battery life. I've recorded hour long videos.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I have some camera apps that place photos and videos in its own storage area and not the Camera Roll.

If you used a non-Apple camera, poke around in the app you did use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.