WTF? Why won't my apps let me upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I just got an iPhone replacement less than 2 weeks ago. I synced it with my iTunes and most my stuff went on my new phone.

However, every time I try to upgrade my apps it says that I can't upgrade unless I buy the original version, meanwhile, I already have it. So then I called and the lady told me to buy it anyway, and if they charged me for it, that Apple would refund it.

Well after I hit "Buy" it says that I can't upgrade because the app is currently being modified and to try again later. Wtf?

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I assume you're talking about that Lightsaber app? Everyone is getting that message, it's because the developer updated the info before the app was actually available.

As for having to 're-buy' apps, I guess I'd call that a minor inconvenience. It's just erroneous wording - you're not actually being charged again. ;)

3. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. All of my apps that need upgrades are doing this. Air Hockey, BreakClassic, and Ambiance.

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Go into iTunes Store (top of iTunes) and authorize your computer again. It will not count against your authorized 5.

Sometimes when you update your iPhone or iTunes with new software it deauthorizes the account.

This should fix your issue.