WTH is it me....

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sillyrabbitt, Jul 27, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

My new 11" i7 256 MBA has froze at least 5x in one week and shut down by itself once.

how can i fix this issue not even sure where to start. i did dl flash but it started b4 that. i do have vm ware 3 and xp on the unit and office 2008 other then not much besides a few apps like papi and connect 4.

not sure how to start to figure it out.

thanks

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Try resetting the PRAM. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Are you running Office 2008 when it freezes up? That version isn't yet 100% compatible with Lion because there is some old code that needs to be updated. Microsoft has promised some fixes but hasn't said when. If it crashes when Office 2008 isn't running, though, that would appear to rule that out.

If that doesn't work, take it back before the 14 days runs out. You might have a bad logic board.

3. rkheyfets macrumors regular

Yea if it keeps happening bring it back apple will fix/repair it

4. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks.

yes i think excel might have been open and didnt know i. because on the crash.reboot the mba auto opens everything that was open.

i will try the pram reset and make sure 2008 is closed and see whats what.

5. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

i am having another issue where if I let the computer sit not being used for a while when I come back I cannot get it to start.

I need hold down the power button and the computer restarts. i even tried to close the screen and open it to no avail.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

What 14 days? That's how long you have to return it....you have a year of included warranty....which would most definitely cover a bad logic board.

7. eckthroi macrumors regular

I have a 11' i5 - 128/4 It freezes often while trying to play angry birds. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just a new Lion issue or is something wrong with my air?

8. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

called apple did command R check disk type thing.... will see how it goes. i hope it clears it up.

9. eckthroi macrumors regular

Command R disk type thing what? I dont understand- sorry computer illiterate- what is it exactly that you did?

10. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

they walked me through it. shut off computer hold down command r then ran diagnostic.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

True, but after day 14, Apple sends it out to be fixed, which usually means that you are without your Mac for a week or so.