Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
hi, my mac is working gr8 until i realized something odd like a black rectangle at the battery pic then it starts to widen !! please help me !!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-13 at 10.13.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-13 at 10.13.33 PM.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 234

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Graphics card starting to die. Does your MBP have an 8600?

WHAT?????!!! i got my macbook pro on may 2010 it's one of those intel i5 2.4 Ghz 15'' !! btw i restarted my mac and it back to its health ! but i'm afraid it will get back again :S

MartyF81

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago IL
Technology isn't perfect and has glitches from time to time. If you rebooted and it went away... I wouldn't worry about it.

If it comes BACK... bring it to a Apple Genius.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
WHAT?????!!! i got my macbook pro on may 2010 it's one of those intel i5 2.4 Ghz 15'' !! btw i restarted my mac and it back to its health ! but i'm afraid it will get back again :S

Calm down dude, for goodness sake. As MartyF81 said, it's a normal computer glitch which can happen. If your restart worked it out then chill and go back to whatever you were doing on it. :)

bamf

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
Technology isn't perfect and has glitches from time to time. If you rebooted and it went away... I wouldn't worry about it.

If it comes BACK... bring it to a Apple Genius.

What he said. Sometimes these things happen. If it happens again though, that's when you need to go to the Genius bar.

SidBala

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
That is a classic sign of graphics memory corruption. Shouldn't be happening that soon on your 2010 MBP though. It is very common on 5 year old computers that run very hot.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本

Chill man, your machine should have warranty for the first twelve months (or 36 if you have applecare), assuming you've not acquired it from some bloke in the parking lot!!

Dunno why people freak out over a bit of kit when it's brand spanking new.. surely if there's a hardware glitch one should return it to the store, for an exchange or something, this way seems far more productive (IMO).

Alleyoop

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
That happens to mine, but all over the screen. New i5 15". Other people are having this problem as well. YouTube and other videos started not working as well for an hour at a time (twice now) and then start working again. I don't know what is going in but I will take it in soon. Keep an eye on that!

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
That happens to mine, but all over the screen. New i5 15". Other people are having this problem as well. YouTube and other videos started not working as well for an hour at a time (twice now) and then start working again. I don't know what is going in but I will take it in soon. Keep an eye on that!

oh...hhaha thx god it didn't happen to me like all over the screen ! if it will happen i'll be dead..! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.