Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
ugh, touch screen classic? really?

When I use anything other than the classic for music feedback I always miss the click wheel. In fact the click wheel is one of the main benefits over the others in the iPod line.

OP yeah the lack of capacity updates is getting really old. 4 years on 16GB is enough. However since the iPad recently broke the 64GB barrier its possible we may FINALLY see capacity updates next year.

We've seen no capacity updates done to the iPod line since 2009 and the only thing that has happened in that time is music sizes doubled (iTunes was still at 128kbps when 64gb was originally introduced), high definition videos and retina apps were added.

robmasta47

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Re-start this thread

I'd honestly buy a 32+gb nano as soon as it came out. 16 isn't enough for it to be a dedicated music player and I don't need a large iPod. I have an ipad and an iPhone no desire to have an iPod touch. iPod nanos size is the biggest selling point for me just need more memory.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'd honestly buy a 32+gb nano as soon as it came out. 16 isn't enough for it to be a dedicated music player and I don't need a large iPod. I have an ipad and an iPhone no desire to have an iPod touch. iPod nanos size is the biggest selling point for me just need more memory.

Honestly, I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm going to say it anyway. The iPad Nano isn't for you.

There has never been an iPod Nano with more than 16GB of space. It is meant to be an entry level iPod for those that didn't want the original bigger classic iPods, and for parents to buy their kids iPods without the bigger price tags.

It is meant for you to buy, only to outgrow it as your collection gets bigger. Apple WANTS you to buy the bigger device to use as your dedicated player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.