WTH TestmyiPhone.com

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbotte, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Why does this site lock up my iPhone every time I try to test my connection speed? Address should be lockupmyiphone.com.

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I've used it 100's of times and it never locked up.

Did you try rebooting your phone first?

3. bbotte thread starter macrumors 65816

bbotte

many many times, haven't had it do a wifi test in a month.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I just tried an EDGE speed test on it. The first time I tried to run it, it didn't lock my phone up, but it also didn't successfully conclude the test. The second time seems to do the same.

In the meantime, I guess, try http://i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html ... I think it's the best one.

5. wenglish macrumors member

I tried testmyiphone.com. It got about 80% through the progress bar on an EDGE test (upload & download combined) then said "The test file size was too small we are running a bigger test for you".

http://i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html worked fine, thanks mkrishnan!

Mike

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

7. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

It will lockup under wifi because there is a issue that apple has never fixed. For some reason when download a large file really fast over wifi it crashes the phone. The same thing happens when using testmy.net

testmyiphone.com can use upto a 15mb file when doing a test over wifi and it seems that anything over 3mb can crash it. I have reported this problem to apple many times, so hopefully they will fix it.

8. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I too have noticed this OS crashing when using wifi at testmyiphone as well as the iphone test at dslr.com. I do see, when it does not crash the iphone, speeds up to 6 Mb/sec.

The thing that bothers me is that a search say at howardforums.com in the iphone forum does not bring up others having the same problem. I do see a post on the same problem on the macintouch forum.

After every firmware update (up to and including 2.2) I have done a full restore, my phone is not jailbroken and I only have a few apps.