[WW] Battle of Plains d'Abraham - see results of DAY 4!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sythas, Apr 22, 2015.

1. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

CEST confirmed, DP. Off to bed.

Don't kill me, guys. :D

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ah, but we should all expect to be in a position to greet the slanted rays of the rising sun….

Does the 'day' start with 'day', or with 'evening/night'?

I imagine that our GG will alert us as to what is happening, where and when in due course……….

3. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

Mere minutes after the combat start, General Wolfe was found dead.

Everyone gave all they had and run toward the French all hell out. 10 minutes after, by miracle, the combat was won and they were able to take the City of Quebec with the famous “virtually impregnable” La Citadelle.

Everyone was happy! Everyone but the Algonquin regiment. The leader, an “Wabunowin” (shaman) was particularly pale named Melrose….

The group of captains bring the corpse of their leader inside the Citadelle while everyone was starting the celebrations.

Melrose approaches the captain’s group and say :
    “The Baykok (spiritual skeleton) told me that he killed General Wolf…”

Scepticalscribe : “That’s rubbish! Who believed in ghost story, beside the French now!”
    Moyank24 : “You need to relax my Wabunowin! We just won the war!”
    A flaming arrow flew from the rampart and went directly on the body of General Wolf.

Everyone turn to see where the arrow was coming and see a lone Algonquin solder with a bow being arrested by Britain solders. A big ball of fire illuminated the courtyard and a human wolf shape was laughing while getting out of the general’s body saying : “Even if I’m dead, my people win! You will all join us or die!”

The Wabunowin in deep and hollow voice :
    “The great wolf who wins while he’s dead will bring his 2 most loyal kind within his 12 captains from the land over the sea. If by the new moon after his death, one monster is still alive, the world will be one dark empire….”

At those words, the flaming werewolf disappearing turn and swipe the Algonquin in the face, killing him, our beloved Melrose.

“What the hell just happened?”

The entire army was stupefied.

Don't Panic said : “We need to find those 2 persons, so I’ll ask the traitors to please walk forward!”

Solders all around them was starting to shout and the general sound of the mob was to kill all 12 officers!

“Stop!” said Queen of spade and continue “We can’t kill 11 brightest captains loyal to Britain over 2 miscreants! We’ll lose the Citadelle and our position in New France!”

“We have to do a special Trial and try to find the monsters! We need to keep everyone useful alive.” said Rick Snagwell

“Captains! Since today is the 3rd quarter of the moon, the next new moon is in 7 days…” said Techgod

“Let’s start now then!” said Twietee

Melrose was killed by the spirit of the General Wolf

The game is started, you have until wednesday 7PM EDT (GMT -4:00) to cast your vote

4. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Wrong already! I'm in LA, so PDT for me. :D

5. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i am afraid there will be more wrong. i went on memory, and i had pegged you on the east coast.
    where you always in LA?

not sure about ravenvii either, and of course SS roams through most of the eurasian continent, so she could be anywhere

-----------

Sythas,
    is it just the narration or is Melrose actually gone before we even start?

cool setting , btw. i knew nothing about this battle so i had to educate myself :)

6. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

Melrose is really dead, not by his own fault, I would say Twietee killed him, since he did not really apply to that particular game ;) But the rest is just narrative, just like other description I will do, just the death are real.

7. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

that blows. :(

8. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I am from Boston originally. I've lived on the West Coast for the last 5 years with an 8-month break, but you might have caught me while I was there.

And now I have to go educate myself too! :cool:

9. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

so we already have a death? so we lost a villager already?

qos, you a red sox fan living in LA?!

10. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Yes I am! I love being able to watch the Lakers fail in person. This season I'll be the one at Dodger Stadium wearing a "2013 World Champions" t-shirt and cursing at Carl Crawford. ;)

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Really cool setting, and great opening narrative..

And yes, while I do often roam the Eurasian continent, just now, at the moment, and for the immediate future, I am governed by London time.

Melrose, - who invited me to participate in these activities all of (cough - four years ago) with a virtual bottle of serious Scotch……and a mutually admitted liking for Ye Olde Coffee Shoppes, too, murdered, most evilly.

That is dastardly - and awful; foul murder, and worse, before the lad even had a chance to open his mouth…..

And no; I still don't believe in ghosts, but in foul, (pre-planned) human activities.

12. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I suppose the hunter pre-PMed the GG. That's a new one.

Anyway, I vote Melrose. Being dead is a highly suspect wolf tactic.

13. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

14. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

If poor Melrose really is dead, ought that not be put in to part of the thread title (which, I know, changes daily to reflect the fact that events themselves change…)

16. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

Will do!

17. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yea, most probably one of the dumbest moves I've seen yet.

BUT! Thanks Mr. Hunter, we only need to find the dumbest of us in this group, and put him* on the safe list!

* her omitted because there are in fact no dumb women in this group.

18. Melrose, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

Melrose Suspended

Melrose

*from beyond the virtual grave*

Just a note to let you know I'm doing well after my untimely demise, floating I know not where, in a barge made of upcycled Scotch bottles and borne by virtual tides to the other shore of this river Styx (or was it Whitesnake...?)... All is well, but there's this three-headed dog that keeps begging me for what scraps of food I have left. I fed him half a moon pie and a small gangrenous toe earlier but it hasn't found success in staving his hunger.

Oh, and there's this rather boastful guy on the boat with me named Ozymandius. He keeps rambling about despair...

19. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Fear not, valiant friend.

We shall avenge thee, - and seek out and suitably punish and administer chastisement to the foul (and somewhat precipitate) perpetrators - and I shall drink to your health with a nice dram of 21 year old single malt whisky. My only regret is that you are unable to be there to enjoy it with me.

20. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

What an odd start.

I don't think I've ever seen that before. And i can't think of a good reason to even try, but it is what it is.

Not sure if I should wait, or just vote for Koodauw. :D

I've missed you guys!

21. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

that doesn't make much sense, though.
    i had thought Melrose just couldn't play this time around, so Sythas just 'killed' him instead of having to redo everything, but that doesn't appear to be the case from their posts.
    very puzzling.

22. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

Yes, Melrose could not play this round. The death is an act of god. Instead if having an unnamed Algonquin shaman, I named him Melrose.

23. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

ah. well that makes a lot more sense :)
    now we can go back to lynch each other without a worry in the world :D

24. Sythas thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sythas

But Melrose was a villager, and so every power that can be use on someone dead can be used on Melrose.

----------

yay!

25. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ah, okay. Fair enough. I see.

I had wondered whether an early assassination had taken place, one where the killers struck even earlier than usual.