[WW] MRville [PLAY THIS GAME NOW, ITS ALL CHICKS!]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rick snagwell, Jul 30, 2012.

1. rick snagwell, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

welcome to my first installment of WW guys, I'm going to mimic last game with no narratives, unless someone would like to do that part, and ill do all the other stuff.
    ---------------

Rules (with props to past game gods such as Firestar, Appleguy, DP, Comeagain and mscriv):

ROLES
    Goodies:

Detective agency (2 Post docs): Having been on the block for a while, the post docs have a natural affinity for each other, and can uncover secrets about their fellow students.
    - The detective agency combines seer, undertaker and NW abilities
    - Each night, they scan one dead or alive player by PMing their choice to the GG
    - The result of the scan CANNOT be revealed in the thread before morning
    - If both are alive they get alignment + role of the “scanee”
    - Once a detective is killed (original or recruit), the remaining detective(s) only uncover the alignment (good/bad) of a player
    - The detective agency can recruit an apprentice to join their ranks at any time
    - The role of a recruited player (if they have one) is not revealed to the detectives upon recruitment, meaning they can be infiltrated by a wolf without knowing.
    - These 2-3 players can PM freely with each other.

Hunter (Biochemist): With a knack for mixing chemicals, the biochemist is a strong ally and powerful foe. With all the strong coffee that the grad students drink, good luck tasting the spike…
    - The hunter has 1 poison pill causing an instakill that can be used at any point during gameplay.
    - Using the instakill WILL reveal the identity of the hunter to the rest of the group (*different from last game*)
    - Poisoning a player under the guard's protection will lead to the loss of the instakill without killing the target

Guard (Study buddy): the friendly study buddy will stay up with a fellow student all night long, preventing them from foul play in the wee hours of the morning.
    - The guard can choose a player to protect ever night by PMing their choice to the GG.
    - Protection blocks the target from infection, nightly kill, kami kill, instakill and/or lynching substitution.
    - S/he cannot protect the same player 2 nights in a row
    - S/he can protect him/herself
    - The protection extends into the following day
    - The protection dies with the guard

Bartender: After a long day of studying, nothing feels better than a nice strong drink, courtesy of the local bartender, but beware of imbibing too much, or the hangover may severely impair your pipetting skills.
    - The bartender has a 2 special drinks that s/he can give to another player during the night by PMing the GG with a target. The drinks are one-time abilities each.
    - The "good" drink (energy drink) will give a lucky player a seer scan to be used that night.
    - The "bad" drink (hangover from hell) gets someone drunk, blocking their ability
    - The bartender may choose to use both drinks during the same night.
    - The drunk player will be informed of their drunkenness, and may act accordingly the following day
    - The block of ability extends into the following day
    - Drunkenness blocks: protection (guard), infection (alpha), kami-kill (kami), nightly kill (ww), lynching substitution (executioner), instakill (hunter) and gives a reduced scan (detective).
    - If a member of the detective agency is drunk, that night’s scan will act as a 1-person scan giving alignment only.
    - Drunk players will not lose their 1-time ability (infection, instakill, lynching substitution) if they attempt to use it while drunk
    - The bartender will NOT know the exact effects of the drunkenness
    - The drinks can NOT be used on the bartender him/herself, but if the bartender is recruited by the ww's or detectives, it will affect his/her teammates.

Executioner (Administrative aide): With easy access to the professor’s office, the administrative aide can intervene by sneaking in to edit the paperwork, but only once.
    - The executioner has a 1-time ability to substitute another player for lynching
    - Conditional orders (e.g. “If X is lynched, substitute Y; but if Z is lynched substitute W”) for substitution must be submitted to the GG no later than 30 min before the voting deadline in order to count.
    - Using this ability will reveal the role of the executioner to the village
    - Substituting a player under the guard's protection will lead to loss of the ability without successful substitution.

Regulars (grad students) – grad students are just trying to get by and make it through to their degree, without any special skills.

Baddies:

Alpha werewolf (Non-tenured lecturer): Embittered by his failure to receive tenure, the non-tenured Lecturer is out to thwart all hopeful newbies in the lab.
    - Each night, the alpha is responsible for PMing a kill target to the GG on behalf of the werewolves (in his/her absence one of the other wolves may PM the GG instead)
    - The alpha has a one-time ability to infect any player at any time during gameplay
    - Infection can occur both during day and night
    - No players are immune to WW infection

Kamikaze werewolf (Devoted master student): Ally of the non-tenured lecturer, the devoted Master Student similarly feels the unfairness of the system in not receiving enough funds for a full PhD thesis. Together they plot the downfall of the grad students.
    - If lynched, the kami can pick one player to take down with him/her
    - Conditional instructions to the GG ahead of time are very much appreciated.

Recruited werewolf (Regular master student): After hearing about the non-tenured lecturer’s trials and tribulations, the recruited master student opts out of a PhD and decides to bring down the rest of the grad students in any way possible.
    - Any player can be infected, and then becomes the recruited werewolf
    - This player has no special powers
    - This player will not show up in role-only special scans (see detective agency)
    - The night after infection occurs, the WWs will have 2 nightly kills as a celebration of the new member of the pack, and a warning to the village.

OTHER RULES:

1) Night order:
    - Bartender gets someone drunk/caffeinated (if applicable)
    - Infection occurs (if applicable)
    - Detective agency scan
    - Guard protects
    - Werewolves attack
    You are welcome to pre-PM your night orders during the day. Night orders may be changed at any point up until night ends/the narrative is posted.

2) Infection and potions can happen whenever during gameplay.

3) Voting for a player is mandatory during Day 1 only (i.e. you must register a vote for another player, no "no-votes" allowed). All following days, players should vote, but may "no-vote." At the discretion of the GG, a player whose participation drops over multiple days without prior PM explanation may be subject to expulsion from the lab.

4) You vote for a player by writing their username in bold. The voting system will be straight 24-hour deadlines only, no majority lock. GG will try her best to post narratives as soon as possible after the day ends, but in the event of a delay, the player with the most votes is considered functionally dead, and must post in ghostly grey accordingly.

5) Dead players are welcome to post sparingly in the thread, but may IN NO WAY attempt to influence gameplay or reveal relevant information to the remaining players. Post in ghostly grey to prevent confusion. GG will ask any posts breaking this rule to be edited.

6) Players CANNOT PM other participants during the game. Only exceptions: detective agency with each other, wolves with each other. Everyone is welcome to PM the GG with any questions, if you do not wish to ask them in the thread.

7) The result of any night actions CANNOT be revealed in the thread before morning.

8) You may NOT post screenshots or direct quotes from PMs to prove your role. This ruins the game for everyone.

9) The thread shall serve as a record for the game, and as such, please do not edit your posts, other than to add additional information or per request from the GG. Indicate clearly what was added, put strike-throughs through anything you want deleted. Do NOT unbold votes, simply vote again, and your latest vote will be the one to count.

10) It is recommended that players put their status into Invisible Mode during the game.

11) Once a team member is dead (ww or detective) you may no longer continue to PM with them.

PLAYERS

Roles will be assigned via random.org and PM’d to players before the game starts.

1) ComeAgain?
    2) Abijnk
    3) Moyank24
    4) QoS
    5) SS
    6) Twietee
    7) FenrisMoonlight
    8) Appleguy123
    9) Sythas
    10) Dr Mckay
    11) WoodNUFC
    12)
    13)
    14)
    -----------------------------------------

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

:D:p

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

The thread doesn't officially begin until I visit. ;)

5. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Fine then. In

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Gosh, another MRville world beckons.......

Thanks, rick, for running this game. Good of you to take the time and trouble to do so.

Mmm. I'll give thought to the construction of a nice late Medieval/proto-Renaissance world for a future outing.......

7. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

I'll pass on this one, I will be traveling and vacationing with my family.

Have fun everyone. :)

8. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Nice, where are you going? I need to vacation vicariously. :D

I'm in. Good luck, rick.

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

southern europe :D

10. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Fine with me, too.

It's gonna be a tough one without DP, but we'll manage hopefully!
    And Proto-Renaissance sounds promising..should check my Giotto again!

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

If you'd like I will help out with my own hot/warm/cold lists...:D

12. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I can already imagine! Let me guess who's hot..:p

Hot avatars all around, by the way.

13. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

:D

My lists may or may not include visual accompaniment.

14. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

It was tepid, wasn't it? This word I seriously read the first time in my life down here.

Did I already say I'm in?

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And where exactly is that? I love southern Europe.....

Tepid is a lovely word......you can almost taste it....

16. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

It is also one of those words that, when I do use it, everybody will definitely give me some strange and bewildered looks!
    I like it. Like tedious..think I like words starting with the letter t in general. Any psychiatrists around?

17. FenrisMoonlight macrumors 6502a

FenrisMoonlight

hot/warm/tepid/cold I think.

If DPs not here I guess I will have to provide you all with voting counts.

----------

Enjoy your holiday - will miss your analytical posts :)

18. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

In, but can we have the detective agency back?

19. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

if you can convince the majority, yes.

im a fan.

20. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I actually liked the Detective Agency - I've had a blast the both times I was in it.

21. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Aah, I must admit that I liked the Detective Agency, too, but I was slaughtered by an infected partner (that's you, jav6454, my much cherished friend) the first time I was in it. Actually, on reflection, an infected partner did for me the second time I was in it, too. A classic case of deja vu, now that I come to think of it....

22. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

That one's easy - all the ladies here are hot. :D

Count me in. I'll also play the game, too. ;)

23. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

lemme know if i skipped anyone. on tapatalk doesnt show bold

24. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

hey guys/girls, i just redid the rules/roles. no room for discussion. only 14 players.

i like this one better.