Wwdc '08

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

First and foremost it is sad that so many people are mad about the results of the SDK... I don't think there could have been better news... 3-4 then we will have some quality apps... not just rushed out... I'm really looking forward to it! But anyway, with all the talk of the next gen iphone why isn't there more rumors about a possible WWDC release? With all the recent reports about a Q2 release, and WWDC being in June doesn't it make perfect sense??? I plan on selling my iphone the week before the DC keynote hopefully beating out everyone else who is going to sell their first gen iphone for the second one... anyway anyone have any thoughts on any of these... thoughts?? haha

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Makes perfect sense to me. I am in no rush to get that 2nd Gen iphone out since i will most likely not be lucky enough to upgrade for the phone, unless its not that expensive ($299 anyone?!)

3. Edwardz macrumors regular

Don't save your breath for $299. That is an irrational cost for such a high-demanding phone; nonetheless, that price will be seen in the upcoming 1-2 years. I can see an iPhone hardware update at WWDC. In fact, my guess is that 2.0 will be released along with an update to hardware. It makes sense, and the timeframe is perfect for a phone to be updated.

4. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

Yep, Imaging THIS:

Steve finishes off his speech on some key apps that will be released, then says, "And there's one more thing!....Is downloading apps on EDGE too slow for your taste? Well guess what! We figured we would help you out in this regard. So in addition to [insert amazing apps here], we're releasing a 3G iphone to fit your fast-paced schedule...."

Sounds good to me. :cool:

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm not holding my breath for a $299 iPhone at all, nor do I expect there to be one. Just saying that would be nice and as much as I would like to, I probably won't be able to update. =]

6. drb6 macrumors regular

When exactly is the summer conference? Do we know yet?

7. mtfield thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope not yet.. it's usually in june... but the exact dates haven't been released yet..