Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
What time does macrumors start UK time?

uk time is 6pm i think

Can someone confirm this.

According to my iPhone it would be at 6pm in London.

Yes guys, 10am in San Francisco is 6pm here in the UK.

10am = California
1pm = New York
6pm = London
7pm = Paris
1am = Singapore
3am = Sydney
(please correct me if wrong, these are times from my world clock)

Poor sods in Auzzyland, sleeping as it happens... lol

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
It would be cool for a no-image or description version, just what has been announced, so you can watch the keynote without knowing everything.

5teve

Jun 5, 2008
Without realising, I have made plans for Monday evening, which is when the keynote will start in the UK (6:00pm) and I always tune in to the live feed that MacRumors offers. I have to say a big thank you to the guys here at MacRumors for setting up the iPhone live feed as now I can tune in to the live feed and try to contain my excitement when new announcements are made in the busy environment I'll be in on Monday evening. As soon as I get home I should imagine that the keynote will be available on the Apple Keynotes Podcast ready for viewing! :D

It'll be a sleepless night in anticipation:eek:

It's almost like Christmas... waking up early to see what Santa Jobs has left at the Apple Store...:D

I only wish that I could wake up and have the keynote starting in the morning... I have to go through a full day's work to then have the keynote start a little while after I've finished. :(

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
"You can still get all the great content from WWDC 2008. Session videos will be available to purchase on iTunes shortly after the conference.More details will be available soon."

thats from the wwdc webpage.
i dont get this, since when did apple charge??

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
"You can still get all the great content from WWDC 2008. Session videos will be available to purchase on iTunes shortly after the conference.More details will be available soon."

thats from the wwdc webpage.
i dont get this, since when did apple charge??

If you'll notice, it says "Session videos". The keynote will be free, but the others are the smaller side lectures. They don't just want to give away all the videos from those. It would discourage people from actually attending the conference.

matteo2005

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
Sms I Uk

I live in the uk if i sign up to text alerts will it charge me for each text alert ?

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: forever

mdodd

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2007
Montclair, NJ
First in Keynote Line @ WWDC 2008

Hey guys, my buddy from theiLife.com is the first in the Keynote line for WWDC 2008. Check us out pictures and more information here!

celebi23

macrumors regular
May 31, 2004
CT
Can't wait to hopefully sell my iPhone app soon. Tomorrow looks like a WWDC for the ages :D :apple:

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
about how many SMS messages are sent out for this? I don't want to get more than 50-100, but I also don't want to stop receiving them before the "one more thing" moment if I'm reaching the 100 msg limit.

You know, I cant recall the last time Steve actually did a "one more thing." Does that still even happen?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
You know, I cant recall the last time Steve actually did a "one more thing." Does that still even happen?

i wish that "one more thing." comes up and everyone will panic and we will see new macbooks!! One more thing FTW!! :apple: :apple: :apple:

(m)k

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Niagara Falls, Canada
does sms updates work in canada?

i've been trying to sign up for the sms updates but i'm not getting any confirmation text message. i don't know if its because i'm in canada.

does anybody else have this problem? :confused:

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007

He did it at the iPhone event in March to introduce John Doerr, but the last time he truly did it was at WWDC 07 for Safari on Windows.

hiimamac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Boston
He did it at the iPhone event in March to introduce John Doerr, but the last time he truly did it was at WWDC 07 for Safari on Windows.

Anyone that thinks they are purchasing a iPhone today is insane. All indicators point to display MODELS only, announced, yes, shipped, no, not today. Could be wrong but looks like all articles point to iPhone announced, not shipped today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.