Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Not Steve Jobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
So now Apple's WWDC keynote is just arround the corner. What new think do you wish/think will be released? I for one think Apple will release its "Next Big Thing." Here's what I hope will be released:

-The iCar or the iEye from MacLife Magazine's Apple hardware prototypes.
-Touch Screen MacBook Air
-LMac or tri-Mac from MacLife's January 2009 issue
-Something so awesome I can't even dream about it

What are your predictions on what Apple will release? What are your thoughts on WWDC 2009?

:apple:

Not Steve Jobs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
Ok, so it's going to be June 8-12. What are your predictions. Snow Leopard? Next iPhone? What?

talkingfuture

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2008
The back of beyond.
Snow Leopard preview and release date.

New iPhone hardware and release of 3.0 software.

I think they will keep the Netbook / Bigger iPhone / Tablet / Whatever / until the new iPods are released with the usual September fanfare.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I want more stability across their whole product line - Mac + iPhone.

backdraft

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2002
USA
Apple announces that they are buying/merging with Sun or they integrate ZFS and add support for Sun storage for use with final cut server. Xsan finally gets iSCSi. Hmmm Apple introduces plans to add Solaris Zones to Mac OS X

Dr.Buzz

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
Spot on I reckon. We won't see anything more exciting until the regular iPod event around September/October.

This depends. Iphone 3.0 is a big deal, but most of the details are out already. If they handle it like a normal upgrade release, talk could be limited. I mean, they already did a full presentation about it already. Since they just have to release it, that leaves more room for talk about the latest iphone hardware.

OS panther - likely. This will be the bulk of it. Maybe the tablet device at the end, but I agree with others, seems these things always drag out one event past when you really want them to.

Tablet is promised. No doubt in my mind. There is a need for a inexpensive (relatively) paper replacement. I'm tired of laptops as a support for my iMac. Give me a long battery life and a screen so I can read the internet without a damn keyboard that I don't use.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Heres my predictions for WWDC

Snow leopard preview out Septeber to get a jump on windows 7 sales
Iphone 3.0 shows off new featurs that werent showed at the 3.0 preview comes out by today or end of june
New iPhone 3mp camera compas suport video recording comes in 8 16 or 32 gigs

one more thing Steve jobs returns :D previews of the new touchpad device

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Snow Leopard = 50% more secure

Many Mac users are pinning their hopes for better security on the upcoming release of Snow Leopard, the latest version of Mac OS X due this summer. Word is that there will be better memory protection technology in Snow Leopard, but, Apple being Apple, few details have emerged. Microsoft also is working on a new version of Windows, known for now as Windows 7, which will include a comprehensive antimalware suite.

This has led to the inevitable debate over which new OS will be more secure, Snow Leopard or Windows 7. Writing on Dark Reading, analyst Rob Enderle puts his money on Windows 7, citing the antimalware suite as well as Microsoft's long experience defending against difficult attacks. I agree with Enderle's conclusion, but think that Snow Leopard or Windows 7 isn't necessarily the right question to ask.

The real question is whether Snow Leopard will be more secure than the current version of OS X. Experts have predicted for some time now that attackers would begin targeting Macs more often when Apple secured a larger share of the market. That's been happening slowly for the last couple of years, but the attacks haven't spiked significantly, mainly because Windows dominates in the enterprise, which is where the most valuable data is. Ergo, that's where the attackers go.

The reality is that very few users will switch to a Mac or from a Mac because of security. People love Macs for their usability and cool factor. But if Snow Leopard turns out to be a major security upgrade over the current versions, that's an important step for Apple and its customers. The company has yet to show the outward commitment to security that Microsoft has, but delivering a new OS with much-improved security features will be a win, regardless of how Snow Leopard fares in comparison to Windows 7.

Brewstermax

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
This appears to be my first post, but whatever. :)

The obvious is the obvious. Everyone with Apple sense knows what's going to happen, it's the details that are fuzzy.

• New iPhone(2,1)
  • iPhone OS 3.0
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
  • New iPhone and Mac APIs.

All that is as close to confirmed as it can get without it coming straight from Steve Jobs.

This is the guesses, the things that I'm probably wrong about.

• New touch device (Hints in 3.0 ramdisk indicate some iProd0,1)
  • The 3.0 ramdisk also shows iPhone3,1, which is likely for next year, but could be some sort of "Pro" version of iPhone, made more for businesses, with certain features. (not a clue what they could do to be more business friendly)
  • The Return of Steve. :D Yay!
  • Maybe a refresh of a few computers. But all of them have had a recent update. Maybe New Macbooks and MBPs with the new batteries from the 17". :shrugs:

Nice first post on MacRumors, huh? :cool:

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I'm somewhat torn between what I think will happen.

Part of me thinks they'll use WWDC to focus heavily on Snow Leopard and the iPhone 3.0 operating system.

However, original iPhone contracts do begin to expire at the end of June. I have no doubt Apple and AT&T will want to get those original iPhone owners back into new two-year contracts as soon as possible. New hardware is a sure way to do that.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Here are my predictions:

1) A demonstration of the "feature complete" version of MacOS X 10.6, with final release coinciding with the release of the the next MacBook/MacBook Pro hardware refresh in October 2009.

2) A demonstration of the "feature complete" version of iPhone 3.0 software, along with unveiling of the third-generation iPhone with 16 and 32 GB storage capacities.

3) A possible demonstration of long-rumored Mac touch tablet with as much as 128 GB of flash memory.

mikeinternet

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2006
Oaklnad, CA
Any reason to go without a ticket?

I moved to the sf bay area from the east coast. It feels weird to be so close and not be there.

I'm not a developer just looking to see new stuff asap.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Steve Jobs gets all healthy and start dancing Rick Roll on stage with the new iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.