WWDC 2011 - absolutely amazing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gen, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

iOS 5 and iCloud are amazing.
    The amount of software power you are getting for free is ... astonishing.

All of those features - for free on any iPhone. Apple has addressed every complained, that I've heard or read anywhere, and released an amazing fix/feature to iOS.

How can Google possibly match any of that?

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Match...? Didn't Google do this kind of notifications first...? :confused:

3. Gen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gen

My post was dedicated to the entire iOS, Mac and iCloud integration.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

technically you can only get ios 5 on the 3gs and 4.

5. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Well by saying "How can Google possibly match any of that?" you come off as very unnecessarily fanboyish. If you are that satisfied with iOS 5, why would you even care what Google does? Does that somehow make you enjoy your phone even more? Unlikely.

6. kalex macrumors 65816

have u actually seen google's collection of apps that they offer for free? :)

and best part its not tied to apple. So you can jump to windows, linux or apple and it works great on all of them. But ye it wasn't announced by apple so it must not exist

7. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Yep... I use Google for almost everything... Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Maps, GoogleDocs... all free.

And on my Android phone, I even had turn-by-turn voice navigation. 100% free. I'd sure like to see that on my iPhone...

8. Gen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gen

How does Google compare to iCloud integration across all Apple products?
    Google uses an online, web, interface for everything. You have to log in to get anything. While with Apple now, it's done automatically in the back across all applications that use iCloud. (I do nothing, it's all synced, up to date, and shared - without me doing anything)

Now don't get me wrong - I use Googleapps as much as the next, especially Google Docs. And, I hope they continue to innovate and be profitable.

But in the end. The amazing integration that Apple revealed today with iCloud, iOS and Mac (and Windows) is brilliant - and something in a decades time we will look back on as the begging step in cloud storage and usage.

9. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

That's all fine, but that's not relevant to what I said at all (basically there is no reason to bring Google up if you are so satisfied with Apple, other than pompous gloating).

On a side note, does iCloud cost money? I haven't looked into it, but I thought I saw something that said it was $25/year and only for music/apps? Does it store photos and other documents? I really don't know much about what it does yet. It would be great if it were free... Apple stuff is so overpriced, they could at least offer something for free every now and then :rolleyes:

10. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Google doesnt have PC OS, or any hardware. What exactly do you want them to integrate with?

11. Gen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gen

I only mentioned Google because the smartphone market is iOS/Android. The iCloud is an amazing feature that I doubt Google will match - or could match.

Everything is free with iCloud. Except, iTunes Match - that costs $24.99 a year. Which is basically, all your music in the cloud.
    iCloud syncs and keeps all your documents up to date, as well as photos.

That's my point. And why iOS is now more feature-rich than Android. It's more useful.

12. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Can you put your personal .mp3 collection into iCloud? I have never purchased a song from iTunes - I buy physical CDs, and rip my own mp3 files from them.

Also what else does it store?

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

iTunes match. $25/year.

14. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

15. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

meh, just another insecure fanboy who has to bash Google after Apple plays catch up.