WWDC 2011 - were they using a custom iPhone 4 for demos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Jun 7, 2011.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Because I don't think Apple makes a production iPhone 4 that is so snappy and fast. My iPhone 4 which is running 4.3.3 feels like puke in comparison with all its lag and stutter. I saw zero animation stutter when different VPs demoed different applications on the iPhone 4 they had on stage. I was especially impressed with the speed with which it opened and closed applications and the smoothness in the way it went back to the home screen.

I have to believe it was an iPhone 4 that was running a custom processor, more RAM, was over clocked or something. It can't all be iOS 5. Any thoughts?

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Most likely had the A5 in it like some Dev's were rumored to have.

3. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

it was jailbroken and they were using fakeclockup. :D

4. Saberon, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  5. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you know that? Are you using iOS 5?

In my personal experience, every subsequent release of an iOS version has made my phone slower. First with the 3G, now with the iP4. I hate upgrading because of this reason, but am forced to due to the additional features that come with it.

6. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

They gotta make people upgrade to iPhone 5 to enjoy these nice features someway right? :p

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

though i am back on 4.3.3 JB, iOS 5 ran really smooth on my ip4. It was no slouch. I do agree it looked real fast on stage. they could have been using an upgraded ip4 mentioned above.

8. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

It could be simply a placebo effect, but iOS 5 certainly seems faster on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

I did restore the data on both devices from previous to installing iOS 5, so its not because there is no data to slow them down.

I'll see how it feels in a couple weeks.