WWDC 2014 (merged)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dave245, May 12, 2014.

1. Dave245 macrumors 601

Now while i know that nothing is 100% until Apple announces it, i was wondering with all the latest rumours, what people think will appear at WWDC? iPhone 6 maybe? Apple TV? or will it just be software with IOS 8 and OSX? what do you think?

Also with current rumours talking about the iPhone 6 4.7" display, what do you guys think the chances are of there actually being a 5.5" will Apple just stick to the 4.7" or will they indeed be releasing a 5.5"? personally i hope for both a 4.7" and a 5.5" that way i can make a choice, I've always liked the idea of a bigger screen iPhone, and if Apple do a 5.5" i would probably get it, the Galaxy Note 3 puts me off because of Android. What do you guys think?

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I think we will see iOS 8 and OS X. I don't think there will be any hardware. There is a very very very small chance that we will see the iWatch at WWDC this year.

3. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I think we will just see OS X.X and iOS 8 as well.

Usually we get iPhones events in September but I think that Apple will also show off the iWatch at the iPhone event.

4. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I think it's too soon to be seeing any hardware as of yet.

5. ipodmac macrumors regular

Analyst predicts iPhone 6 at WWDC?

I found these posts on a blog by some sort of supply chain analyst/investor suggesting that Apple could release the iPhone 6 at WWDC due to all the supply chain production ramping up?

What do you guys think? I don't really believe it but he does make a lot of compelling arguments for why he might be right.

http://margolismatt.com/2014/04/20/...-indicates-a-june-iphone-6-release-is-likely/

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

The new iPhone has been shipping with a new version of iOS for some years now and they usually show iOS X off and make betas and whatnot so...

7. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 601

Personally I would welcome it 100% but I don't think they will. Even if its not at wwdc and its in September I would like to see the 4.7" and a 5.5" side by side, just so I can choose which one I want.

8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

there was an analyst who expected the iphone 5 to launch at wwdc, too. you have to realize the iphone sells millions in the first weekend alone, and tens of millions every quarter. they need to start making these phones well in advance for launch. it was around this time a couple years ago it seemed iphone 5 parts were leaking daily. my guess is still for a september launch, despite recent rumors.

9. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Analysts have also doomed Nintendo for 20+ years and they are still around. I expect iPhone 6 to be revealed in September.

10. SolarShane macrumors 6502

iPhone & WWDC

With all of these leaks happening, does the iPhone 6/Air have a possibility of being revealed at WWDC? Previous iPhones has always had "leaks" occur up to two months before release.

According to these leaks, production has obviously started, and I'm asking "why" has production started for a device that's scheduled for release in the fall? Maybe this is due to the recent "un-carrier" shakeup. (read below)

This explains why the major upgrades (3G to 4, 4 to 5) have always been two years; because of the previous "contract" system. Now with the 12 and 18 month upgrade programs, there is no need to continue this old tick-tock system.

11. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I'd love to see it, but it won't happen. Every iteration of the iPhone has shipped with a new iOS... We would have had to see betas of iOS 8 by now and we haven't ...

I'd like for it to happen, but it's not going too.

12. stuffradio macrumors 65816

The only thing possible would be for Apple to announce it, and release it in an August or September event. Maybe Apple would announce the iPhone 6 for an August release, and have an iPad event in September or October and announce the 5.5" version of the iPhone 6 at the same time as the new iPad.

13. thecurryman macrumors 6502

IDK, Although iOS 8 is going to be incremental so the time for developers/testing between announcing and releasing doesn't have to be as long, I think WWDC release is pushing it. I think it'll be announced in august and released early september.

14. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

Apple usually waited to actually have a reason to upgrade their products. If I am not mistaken the iMac, Macbook lines, mac minis, iPods (when they were relevant), and iPads are only released 1 per year(other than the BS 3rd one :D)

I am positive they don't do it because of the contract period. If they could pump out a new one that was worth upgrading to every 3 months and have idiots buying them for 40% margin yea they'd be doing that.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1734044

16. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

No, the next iphone will not be announced during the WWDC.

People asked the same thing last year and the year before, and the year before.

17. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

And it will happen next year as well. It would be cool if it was announced though, that way all these annoying mock ups would stop lol

18. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Haha yeah it would man but that's just how it is! I would like the new ios to be revealed in like march then the next iphone could come out in june!

19. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

If it is then it'll ship with iOS7 not iOS8...

Are developers iOS7 ready enough for that?

20. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Production has obviously started because to make millions of phones for September, you have to start early.
    Also remember pre production prototype components will be made months before the main production run (with many different iterations). Who's to say the pictures we are seeing are not
    Pre production (then discarded)
    Pre production
    Fakes
    The answer is probably a bit of each. The new iPhone will be announced and launched in the third quarter of this year ready for Christmas sales.

21. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

This is what I think too. In the past years when the iPhone was unveiled in September, leaks didn't come out so early. My guesstimate is that the iPhone 6 will be unveiled in the WWDC and will be available for sale probably one or two months earlier than the iPhone 5s did.

----------

iOS 7 and iOS 8 will not be that different if a previous article here about resources being diverted to OS X 10.10 from iOS 8 in Apple.

22. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

WWDC seems like a highly unlikely time to introduce the i6. Once again, keep in mind that we haven't gotten a lot of ACTUAL part leaks. Cases and mockups are they only thing we are actually getting in.

23. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 601

But there not real leaks, they are renders and mock-ups, don't get me wrong i would love for the iPhone 6 to be announced at WWDC it makes it easier for me as a student to get one before i return to university in September. Personally i'm hoping to see the 4.7" and a 5.5" announced at the same event, that way i can decide which one to get. Rather than Apple announcing the 4.7" and then a couple of months later holding another event and announcing another new phone (i.e. the 5.5") :mad:

24. marvz, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014

marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

You guys are wrong. For example the iPhone 5 rear shell leaked on the 29th of may ... http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/29...th-sides-for-next-generation-iphone-surfaces/
    And saying the production has to start that early is also not right. Of course they are making prototypes but Foxconn has max production volume of 500,000 units per day. So likely the production starts a month before release. http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...r-apple-per-day-with-nonstop-production-lines

I'm hoping for August release :)

25. Dave245 thread starter macrumors 601

Me too :D if they don't announce anything at WWDC, altho even August i'm not sure they will do. Why a month early? and if there is indeed a 4.7" and a 5.5" wouldn't they just wait and announce them together? :confused: