WWDC and Ipod Touch 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jdu1111, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jdu1111 macrumors newbie

Does anyone no if they are going to be releasing the iPod Touch 2.0 at WWDC tomorrow or atleast giving a release date?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

The release date for 2.0 will be announced tomorrow, they might even release 2.0 tomorrow a few hours after Steve's keynote.

4. czarthp macrumors newbie

I"ve been holding my breathe for a price drop, hope it comes tommorow

5. passingXstorm macrumors regular

I doubt they do, mainly because they're still shipping iTouchs on Apple's online store.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

What does a software revision have to do with that? They were still shipping them before being updated in January...

7. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

As akonradi said, this is completely software based, buddy.

8. na1577 macrumors 6502a

It's very likely that the 2.0 firmware will be released tomorrow. The new iPhone is almost certainly going to be released tomorrow, so that means they will need to release it for iPhone 1 and the iPod touch.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Um, most known info is pointing to an iPhone release at a later date, not today. The firmware release is unknown, but could be either today or the end of the month.

10. jonnylink macrumors 6502

I'll tell you why I think there will be a new iPod Touch. Because of the back to school special. I can't think of a better reason to give away a product that is much more expensive than an iPod Nano than to deplete stock.

I don't think it'll be release for a little while, but if I was the type of man to place slightly risky bets I would bet on a new iTouch. I'd go as far as maybe 45% chance of a new iTouch. If not announced at WWDC then in the next 3 months.

11. Delia macrumors member

The special goes on through September, so while they might announce a new iPod Touch, I don't think it will go on sale until fall.

12. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

or maybe to entice people to buy 1500 dollar computers...?:rolleyes:

13. colourclassic macrumors member

colourclassic

I just went out and bought my $30 iTunes card, and am waiting patiently. I hope they release it this morning!

14. jonnylink macrumors 6502

Except that they have never given away a product that retails at $299 during their student specials, mister rolling eyes:p. It's a full $100 more than usual the nano.

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

Except that 299 USD has never been worth so little during their student specials. Haha, not the entire deal, but a part of it. I'm sure that the effort to build the mobile user base plays a much larger role.

16. passingXstorm macrumors regular

Oops my bad I thought the OP was talking about a new iTouch hardware wise... hehe

17. Squires macrumors regular

Squires

Touch 2.0

Surely they will release the update when the iPhone 3G is on sale as iTunes will need to update to 7.7 as stated on Apple iPhone Tech Specs. They will ship with 2.0 surely? :confused: