WWDC announcements hit on Day #1?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BitterB, May 2, 2007.

1. BitterB macrumors member

People......I'm a longtime Windows user ready to switch. I got my eye on the 24" Imac, 2.16Ghz, 2GB Memory, 250G Hard Drive, 256K VRAM. I've been researching and waiting a while. Most seem to say to wait until WWDC to see what new stuff gets released. It's only a little over a month, so I guess I'll do it.........

My question........remember, I can barely wait, but I don't want to miss out on critical releases or bonus items that might come loaded with my new purchase (i.e. the next iLife, free iPod offer, maybe a Leopard coupon, possibly some new hardware......although I really like the current version): Do they typically announce all the hot release and upgrade stuff in the keynote address on Day #1 of WWDC?? I'm not sure I can wait much longer after Day #2..........I want to switch ASAP!!

Thanks in advance to all you experienced Mac folks for your response. Later........BB

2. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Any/all new products, including software and hardware will be announced at the kickoff, meaning Steve Jobs' Keynote presentation. You'll know that afternoon. Macrumors also provides live updates on the Keynote, and usually provides pictures, and they do an absolutely fantastic job. It really keeps you blood pumping.

As for the iMac, if you absolutely don't need it right now, wait. It's only a month away, and rumors indicate substantial upgrades on their current line. Now, keep in mind, WWDC is a Developer's Conference, and they tend to focus on their "Pro" line-up (I would consider the 24"er to be a more "Pro-sumer" product, if you follow my drift correctly), but I have good will to trust Apple in at least transitioning to the new Santa Rosa architecture. We'll never know until it actually happens. =]

3. tschoftner macrumors member

tschoftner

wait until WWDC

Hello there!
    I would at least until WWDC; I think for the next iLife suite you will have to wait until October though :mad:;
    I am also dying to get a new MacBook Pro; have been waiting for months now; am currently using an iBook G4, but I desperetely want a new MBP;
    so it's another couple of weeks and then we'll be the wiser!
    nothing's for sure with :apple:, so you never can't really tell; but I think by late June they might include the new Santa Rosa chips - so they might be worth waiting for!!
    congrats by the way to your decision to switch!! I did it two years ago after about 20 yrs of Win - I never (NOT a SINGLE DAY) have regretted it so far!!!
    go for it!!!
    :apple: rulez!!!

4. SDDave2007 macrumors regular

Another Switcher

I too have been part of the MS/Windows world since before Windows even existed.... but I have become fed up with "Uncle Bill" and am one of it looks like many who are waiting until WWDC. A MacPro is currently on my list, but am hoping they annouce a smaller tower say 1/2 a Pro.

I am firmly convinced that Microsoft and Vista will sell more Macs this year than ever before