Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
I don't know about you guys,
To me it looked like:
More Emojis
More lifestyle integration to apps
More renaming
More copying from other Apps/Companies ideas
More air and software than hardware to work it out

Don't expect Mac Pros, Apple seems that transform all the pros to developers that play and learn on their iPads.

I'm out for a hardware beer, I'll let Apple to "express it" through their new emojis and iMessage apps...

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Never expect a spec bump announcement during WWDC. The last time Apple talked about Mac Pro in WWDC before 2013 was 2006.

dvfilms1

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2016
Got what I expected. I realize they rarely announce hardware updates at WWDC, but what I continue to not understand in general, is why Apple takes this long to update the Mac Pro. Over 900 days?!?! Thats completely ridiculous. I've got $7000 sitting here waiting to purchase the next generation Mac Pro and they refuse to deliver it. I can understand only updating the Mac Pro once a year, maybe even every year and a half, but two and a half years and nothing?

There's a host of things that could have been updated a year ago but it seems like they keep waiting for "A", then "A" comes but "B" is now on the way so now they wait for "B" to bring "A" and "B" out at the same time. Oh but hang on, while waiting on "B", "C" was announced and we can't live without "C" so we better hold to include that too. Now we're ready to bring this to market! Oh no! It looks like "D" and "E" are right around the corner so let's forget "A" and "B" and go right for "D" and "E"....

It's ridiculous!

I've been in the market for the Mac Pro for a year now but these things are way too expensive to spend on a new computer thats already almost 4 years old. Anyone want a brand new 4 year old computer for $7000? Not a chance. Luckily my need isn't an emergency.

So I'll just keep my money in my pocket until Apple is done playing around with watch bands and Emoji's.

And they wonder why computer sales are down?!?! OF COURSE THEY'RE DOWN! Nobody is gonna spend their money on a computer that should have been updated already for fear of the announcement coming the day after they finally give up waiting and go for it. DUH!

I just don't get it.

zyr123

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
Got what I expected. I realize they rarely announce hardware updates at WWDC, but what I continue to not understand in general, is why Apple takes this long to update the Mac Pro. Over 900 days?!?! Thats completely ridiculous. I've got $7000 sitting here waiting to purchase the next generation Mac Pro and they refuse to deliver it. I can understand only updating the Mac Pro once a year, maybe even every year and a half, but two and a half years and nothing?

There's a host of things that could have been updated a year ago but it seems like they keep waiting for "A", then "A" comes but "B" is now on the way so now they wait for "B" to bring "A" and "B" out at the same time. Oh but hang on, while waiting on "B", "C" was announced and we can't live without "C" so we better hold to include that too. Now we're ready to bring this to market! Oh no! It looks like "D" and "E" are right around the corner so let's forget "A" and "B" and go right for "D" and "E"....

It's ridiculous!

I've been in the market for the Mac Pro for a year now but these things are way too expensive to spend on a new computer thats already almost 4 years old. Anyone want a brand new 4 year old computer for $7000? Not a chance. Luckily my need isn't an emergency.

So I'll just keep my money in my pocket until Apple is done playing around with watch bands and Emoji's.

And they wonder why computer sales are down?!?! OF COURSE THEY'RE DOWN! Nobody is gonna spend their money on a computer that should have been updated already for fear of the announcement coming the day after they finally give up waiting and go for it. DUH!

I just don't get it.

the same give me the work horse that lasts be 10 years and i hand down to my kids when the start doing film already.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015

It's ridiculous!

I just don't get it.
As I mentioned in another post, you got 6,1 as latest and it would be great for 10 years... At least that's what he said in 2013. Phil I meant.

zephonic

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2011
greater L.A. area
I don't make money by sucking up to big corporations.

Bsd and linux can do all of that since ages. Zfs and bttrfs
Or look at netapps docs about waffle

So what? The one thing everybody and their momma has been clamoring for since Snow Leopard is a new file system. Based on the documentation provided I'd say it looks like a pretty thorough overhaul which addresses many of the gripes folks have with HFS(+).

Reactions: mrhick01

ItsTaylorTimes

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2016
What makes you believe the current Macs can't last 10 years?
It would most definitely last 10 years I think. The problem is I can build a PC for $3k that will far outperform the Mac Pro I build for $4.5k and also gives me the ability to upgrade the system as new hardware comes out. Apple is still selling their computer at the same price it cost 4 years ago even though its not worth near that much as the hardware is outdated. Hell Nvidias newest consumer market video cards outperform the D700 in raw computing power alone. Apple wants to charge me $1000 to add dual d700's with a total of 3 teraflops of performance. The 1070, for $449, alone has 6.5 teraflops of computing power. If apple adjusted their prices accordingly to what their hardware is actually worth people might not complain as much but no one in their right mind would pay release day prices for this old of hardware.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
Then wouldn't a modern file system for macOS benefit you?
Sure. You know they once had ZFS but ditchef it? It's all too little too late.
Apple needs to hire lots of non-emoji people.
[doublepost=1465853631][/doublepost]
It would most definitely last 10 years I think. The problem is I can build a PC for $3k that will far outperform the Mac Pro I build for $4.5k and also gives me the ability to upgrade the system as new hardware comes out. Apple is still selling their computer at the same price it cost 4 years ago even though its not worth near that much as the hardware is outdated. Hell Nvidias newest consumer market video cards outperform the D700 in raw computing power alone. Apple wants to charge me $1000 to add dual d700's with a total of 3 teraflops of performance. The 1070, for $449, alone has 6.5 teraflops of computing power. If apple adjusted their prices accordingly to what their hardware is actually worth people might not complain as much but no one in their right mind would pay release day prices for this old of hardware.
Thanks

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
Sure. You know they once had ZFS but ditchef it? It's all too little too late.
Apple needs to hire lots of non-emoji people.

Yes, I remember when they played with integrating ZFS. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to file systems but based on what I've read of ZFS, it's a very resource hungry file system.

Out of curiosity, what features would you have added to macOS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.