WWDC - Disappointment

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by VAGDesign, Jun 13, 2016.

1. VAGDesign macrumors 6502

VAGDesign

I don't know about you guys,
    To me it looked like:
    More Emojis
    More lifestyle integration to apps
    More renaming
    More copying from other Apps/Companies ideas
    More air and software than hardware to work it out

Don't expect Mac Pros, Apple seems that transform all the pros to developers that play and learn on their iPads.

I'm out for a hardware beer, I'll let Apple to "express it" through their new emojis and iMessage apps...

2. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

This WWDC completely summed up where apple are right now...

3. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

WWDC only does rare major hardware updates like the original - current - Mac Pro, so a spec bump was never to be expected. A new MacBook Pro however...

4. iBug2 macrumors 68040

Never expect a spec bump announcement during WWDC. The last time Apple talked about Mac Pro in WWDC before 2013 was 2006.

5. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I'm looking forward to Apple Pay on Macs.

6. dvfilms1 macrumors newbie

Got what I expected. I realize they rarely announce hardware updates at WWDC, but what I continue to not understand in general, is why Apple takes this long to update the Mac Pro. Over 900 days?!?! Thats completely ridiculous. I've got $7000 sitting here waiting to purchase the next generation Mac Pro and they refuse to deliver it. I can understand only updating the Mac Pro once a year, maybe even every year and a half, but two and a half years and nothing?

There's a host of things that could have been updated a year ago but it seems like they keep waiting for "A", then "A" comes but "B" is now on the way so now they wait for "B" to bring "A" and "B" out at the same time. Oh but hang on, while waiting on "B", "C" was announced and we can't live without "C" so we better hold to include that too. Now we're ready to bring this to market! Oh no! It looks like "D" and "E" are right around the corner so let's forget "A" and "B" and go right for "D" and "E"....

It's ridiculous!

I've been in the market for the Mac Pro for a year now but these things are way too expensive to spend on a new computer thats already almost 4 years old. Anyone want a brand new 4 year old computer for $7000? Not a chance. Luckily my need isn't an emergency.

So I'll just keep my money in my pocket until Apple is done playing around with watch bands and Emoji's.

And they wonder why computer sales are down?!?! OF COURSE THEY'RE DOWN! Nobody is gonna spend their money on a computer that should have been updated already for fear of the announcement coming the day after they finally give up waiting and go for it. DUH!

I just don't get it.

7. zyr123 macrumors 6502

the same give me the work horse that lasts be 10 years and i hand down to my kids when the start doing film already.

8. kennyisalive macrumors regular

Major development announcements = being able to add text effects and emojis.

You must be ****ing kidding me.

9. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

As I mentioned in another post, you got 6,1 as latest and it would be great for 10 years... At least that's what he said in 2013. Phil I meant.

10. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

Apple is coasting, playing catch-up, and trying not to lose all at the same time.

11. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

What makes you believe the current Macs can't last 10 years?

12. Roykor macrumors 6502

I am not going to wait and will invest in an very powerful PC. And maybe i take my whole Apple eco system down when things are rolling on PC side.

13. pmau macrumors 65816

14. zephonic macrumors 65816

zephonic

15. pmau macrumors 65816

16. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Why do you use a Mac at all since you seem to feel BSD and Linux does all that you need?

17. zephonic macrumors 65816

zephonic

So what? The one thing everybody and their momma has been clamoring for since Snow Leopard is a new file system. Based on the documentation provided I'd say it looks like a pretty thorough overhaul which addresses many of the gripes folks have with HFS(+).

18. pmau macrumors 65816

Because i need xcode

19. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Then wouldn't a modern file system for macOS benefit you?

20. ItsTaylorTimes macrumors newbie

It would most definitely last 10 years I think. The problem is I can build a PC for $3k that will far outperform the Mac Pro I build for $4.5k and also gives me the ability to upgrade the system as new hardware comes out. Apple is still selling their computer at the same price it cost 4 years ago even though its not worth near that much as the hardware is outdated. Hell Nvidias newest consumer market video cards outperform the D700 in raw computing power alone. Apple wants to charge me $1000 to add dual d700's with a total of 3 teraflops of performance. The 1070, for $449, alone has 6.5 teraflops of computing power. If apple adjusted their prices accordingly to what their hardware is actually worth people might not complain as much but no one in their right mind would pay release day prices for this old of hardware.

21. pmau macrumors 65816

Sure. You know they once had ZFS but ditchef it? It's all too little too late.
    Apple needs to hire lots of non-emoji people.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 13, 2016 ---
    Thanks

22. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Yes, I remember when they played with integrating ZFS. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to file systems but based on what I've read of ZFS, it's a very resource hungry file system.

Out of curiosity, what features would you have added to macOS?

23. JimGoshorn macrumors 6502

JimGoshorn

No joke. Click on the emoji button on the iMessage app and all the words eligible for replacement by emojis are highlighted giving you the opportunity to individually replace them with emojis.

Wonder who came up with that one and how long it took.

24. zephonic macrumors 65816

zephonic