WWDC Hardware release history

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zethyr, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Zethyr macrumors newbie

Hello,

I, like many, am eagerly awaiting the upcoming rMPB announcement with Haswell. I have some questions about similar announcements/releases in the past.

From what I've gathered, the hardware announcements tend to start being available for sale the same day they are announced. Is this true, and if so, would it be safe to assume that this upcoming announcement will be the same way?

If so, how difficult would it be to get an order in that same day? If anyone's done a day-one order before, how soon after did your order arrive?

I'm leaving for a flight on the Friday following WWDC. Would I be naive if I wanted to get the new rMBP by then?

Thanks for your help.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Presuming they are announced at WWDC they might be available immediately. If so and you want one quick get yourself to an Apple store.

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

Little if anything that happened in the past is relevant to the Apple of today.

It's a real crap shoot.

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

They usually are "shipping" the day they are announced, but not available in stores. Online orders ship from China so they can take a while.

Shipping to store takes around 2 days. The 15" rMBP was announced on June 11th last year, and most Apple Stores started carrying it on the 13th (see this thread). A couple stores got them on the 12th and others got them later, so YMMV.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

early has well might have some defective I would wait and see how other people say after they got it. I prefer Mid/Late model when Apple ironed out the defectives. :apple:

6. lcseds macrumors 6502a

The "Post-Jobs" era has products getting released on different schedules and intervals. Remember last year with the 15" rMBP? Folks were waiting a month easy after ordering. They announced a new iMac and it was months before that came out. Look at the iPad releases. Very difficult to find for months. Tim Cook is very anxious to get products announced but availability at release has been sketchy at best. They have been getting so much worse at this now. Although it creates a frenzy which the marketing department loves, it causes some real short term frustration for customers. But Apple knows, those pissed off customers will return for again after they have forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it was to buy a new device.