WWDC in June no macbook air update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jjahshik32, Apr 19, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I know there is a rumor for the macbook/macbook pro update but when is the next macbook air update?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

If i had to guess, probably not by WWDC this year. Its only been out for several months as it is.

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

This is making me want to get one since its still a long way until rev. b comes along.

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I want one. Just becuase it looks so damn pretty, but its not ethical for me.

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

with an mba you would have the radist setup ever. will you adopt me? I play guitar real pretty:rolleyes:

6. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

I would bet not..... it's too early to update it.

If there is an update (unlikely) then I think we'll see a HDD bump to 160GB, and maybe a small processor update, but like I said, I would bet not.

7. Particular macrumors member

The processor it was supposed to ship with, the processor that this MBA was made for has been pushed back to Q3-Q4 2008.

So don't expect anything until then.

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Not...ethical?

9. dbell macrumors member

Not ethical? Are you married and plan on having sex with it? Are you going to kill someone with it? :p

10. nobackup macrumors member

nobackup

lets hope they come with a bumped HD, that will mean that early adopters will be able to buy one from the market... I have the HDD and am hoping for a bigger option and or a 128G SSD :D

11. rom macrumors regular

I think it will be when Intel's ATOM comes out - that is when the next-gen MBA will appear. I am more concerned about the Seagate suit vs SSD manufacturers. Now that is also a factor in play here.

12. yoavcs macrumors regular

The Atom line is not meant for general-purpose computers, and would not be used in the Air.

The next Air will probably be out in 2H '08 when the 45nm "mini"-Penryns and accompanying chipset are out from Intel.

13. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

You won't see a refresh until after the refurb store start selling all the gen. A returns.

My bet is earliest Nov. '08-Feb.'09.

14. peterlobl macrumors regular

that suit is just getting started, and seagate looks like it will have many fights on its hands... I dont think it will affect anything for a while

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

to soon, the MBA is fresh for buying, right now!

I mean, we could see a price drop(on the high end model) or a bigger HD/SDD choice, but no new chips/ new design

16. pscoble macrumors 6502

Nov. 3007? o_O

hehe well in all seriousness I believe that would be about right. It all depends on when new processors and HDDs and SSDs come out.

17. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I usually catch up on the years about Sept.!!:rolleyes:

18. zedsdead macrumors 68040

This is accurate. There are currently no 1.8" drives bigger than the 80hdd/60ssd that is in the Air. The same goes for the processor. Looks like years end at the earliest, and that is just speculation.