Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Wasnt sure where to post and because WWDC has been about iOS software in the past, I post in the iOS section. Also, this is my opinion. I will respect your opinion as well.

I believe that tickets for WWDC will go on sale tomorrow morning because I don't believe Apple will want their stock price to dip any lower than it already has in the past few weeks (especially today).

What do you guys think?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I think they usually go on sale roughly 6-8 weeks in advance, so that could be true based on coincidence, not a suspicion.

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
The invitations were sent out on April 25 last year. Since we are only one week away, Apple will most likely stick to schedule.

Last edited:

fusconed

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Portland, OR
Smart money is on Wednesday

If I were you, I would be up early on Wednesday morning.

----------

they haven't even announced WWDC, so how could tickets go on sale?

They don't announce WWDC and then delay to sell tickets. When they announce WWDC, they'll announce what it's about (though not the schedule of sessions) and tickets are available for sale immediately.

tanker5

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2011
Hoboken
Perhaps within the next week.

I'm 99% sure WWDC will be June 10 - 13 this year, so still about 7 weeks away. Now is the perfect time for Apple to start selling tickets to allow those people coming from far away to make travel reservations.

I expecto to see a preview demonstration of iOS 7 with a Beta release for debs June 10 in a keynote. I would be surprised to see an introduction of 10.9.

I also think there will be some hardware presentation, probably a new Mac Pro and possibly an minor upgrade for iMacs, MacBooks, and Mac Mini's as well. Upgrades to the mac line will feature Intel's next generation Haswell CPUs, and 802.11 ac wifi.

Also expect to see an updated Thunderbolt display with the same anti-glare coating as the iMacs and 802.11 ac versions of Airport Extreme/Airport express.

There will be no iPad/iPhone announcement at WWDC 2013.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Maybe Wednesday.

A reminder from Gruber on App.net
WWDC scuttlebutt: Last year Apple announced WWDC and began selling tix Wed 25 April. They had announced Q2 results the day before.

They announce Q2 results tomorrow. So I’m guessing WWDC will be announced Wednesday.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
So no one thinks WWDC 2013 will be announced today... You all think it will be tomorrow after Apple makes their Q2 earnings call today.

tanker5

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2011
Hoboken
I'm 99% sure WWDC will be June 10 - 13 this year, so still about 7 weeks away. Now is the perfect time for Apple to start selling tickets to allow those people coming from far away to make travel reservations.

I expecto to see a preview demonstration of iOS 7 with a Beta release for debs June 10 in a keynote. I would be surprised to see an introduction of 10.9.

I also think there will be some hardware presentation, probably a new Mac Pro and possibly an minor upgrade for iMacs, MacBooks, and Mac Mini's as well. Upgrades to the mac line will feature Intel's next generation Haswell CPUs, and 802.11 ac wifi.

Also expect to see an updated Thunderbolt display with the same anti-glare coating as the iMacs and 802.11 ac versions of Airport Extreme/Airport express.

There will be no iPad/iPhone announcement at WWDC 2013.

Well, after today's quarterly earnings call, I do not expect any new hardware to be released at WWDC this year. Unless the WWDC event is actually pushed back until the fall as well. But, I don't see that happening either. Tickets should be available very soon.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Well, after today's quarterly earnings call, I do not expect any new hardware to be released at WWDC this year. Unless the WWDC event is actually pushed back until the fall as well. But, I don't see that happening either. Tickets should be available very soon.

In my opinion there will be new MacBooks (CPU and GPU upgrade, no design changes) and probably the Mac Pro.

fusconed

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Portland, OR
They don't announce WWDC and then delay to sell tickets. When they announce WWDC, they'll announce what it's about (though not the schedule of sessions) and tickets are available for sale immediately.

Well, I was wrong about that piece. Doh! But here's to getting a ticket in 12h 15m. I wonder if there will be any surprises there too. Gonna have to have two computers on separate Internet connections just to be safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.