WWDC, Iphone next gen and contracts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by olliejudge, May 28, 2009.

1. olliejudge macrumors newbie

Okay so here's my predicament, I currently have a phone on vodafone at the moment on a contract for £20, problem is I recently started my own company and my call time sky rocketed, so obviously I needed to get a new phone on a new contract. I then thought I might aswell jump on the iphone bandwagon.

Here's my problem, I don't know whether to wait till wait till the new iphone comes out or just bite the bullet now. I am currently running up £110 bills when it could just be £35 with an iphone. Will I be able to pre order an iphonw as soon as wwdc is finished?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

If you need a lot of minutes you'd be best going with an O2 sim only contract. Contract length is only 1
    Month and a huge amount of minutes are included cheaply. iPhone contract only includes 600 minutes, which isn't really that many. 10 hours over 1 month is not much. You also don't want to be tied in to a long contract. I'm not trying to put you off an iPhone but I don't think it's right for you.

3. olliejudge thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Ryan,

I've already had a talk to my O2 Business Rep we've negotiated a deal on how many minutes I get (2000), it's amazing what you can pursuade people to do.

Anyways do you reckon I should wait or not

4. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I think you should wait until the new iPhone comes out. In the mean time, can you not use your current phone with the O2 sim card? You should be aware that even if the iPhone gets released at WWDC, it might not be available till the end of June/early July.