WWDC June

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by serkan, Mar 28, 2017.

1. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

Should we expect any changes with the MBP's besides iMac's or Macbook's ?

2. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

You probably shouldn't expect any hardware at all, but if there is some, it's likely to be iMac or MacBook-related. Can't see them updating the MBP so soon. What changes would you reasonably expect to see? Just KabyLake? I don't think it's enough of a bump for that.

3. serkan thread starter macrumors 6502

serkan

I thought the same but still having doubts that they will get some feedback and produce Early 2017 MBP's with small changes.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple has moved away from announcing hardware at WWDC, so I think this year will be similar to prior years and will be software only.

5. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

Hoping for an internal rewrite with iOS 11! More efficiency due to the drop of 32 bit devices. Hoping iOS will finally be what it's supposed to be. Also hoping for an OS specific for iPad.

6. serkan thread starter macrumors 6502

serkan

It's a shame that they are changing what they are built their bases on. I remember having my Late 2011 MBP and refreshing with Mid-2012 for small price jumps and always keeping the latest tech.

I guess the only reason to wait could be an additional discount from the retailers for that time.

7. JMacHack macrumors 6502

I hope they will, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd at least like to see an update to everything in their lineup supporting TB3.