Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) will kick off on Monday, June 9th at 10 a.m. Pacific with a keynote speech given by Steve Jobs and his team of executives. There will be no live video or audio broadcast of the event. Once the event is complete, Apple will post a Quicktime stream of the keynote to be watched on demand. MacRumors will provide live coverage of the keynote speech with the following methods:

Web

MacRumors will provide near real-time text updates and photos at MacRumorsLive.com. All visitors to MacRumors.com will be redirected to MacRumorsLive during the event.

A special iPhone-optimized version of MacRumorsLive with support for text updates and photos will also be available if you visit the site through your iPhone or iPod Touch. (Screenshot of iPhone/Touch version.)

Twitter Updates

We will also try to provide live updates through Twitter. Individuals who already have a twitter account may 'Follow' us at the following addresses:

http://twitter.com/macrumors - Live keynote updates (10-20 updates per Keynote)
http://twitter.com/macrumorsRSS - Updates with every new MacRumors.com story
http://twitter.com/arnoldkim - arn's Twitter account

SMS Updates

For those who don't have or want a Twitter account, you can still sign-up to receive SMS updates straight from your phone. Sign up from your mobile phone
1. Send "FOLLOW MACRUMORS" to "40404"
2. You will be prompted for a username.
3. You should receive confirmation.

To unsubscribe
1. Send "LEAVE MACRUMORS" to "40404"
2. You should receive confirmation.
Spoiler Free

For individuals who wish to watch the events unfold first-hand on video, we are providing a Spoiler Free page that will update once the link to the keynote video is posted. This can be delayed hours after the actual event.

Please support our MacRumorsLive sponsors: MacHeist, Awaken, Crush FTP/Crush Sync, iPhoneRingToneMaker, StevenPriceProductions.

Article Link: WWDC 2008 Keynote Live Coverage: Web, SMS/Twitter, iPhone

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Sure we'll be seeing more record numbers on MRLive this time round, it's about to get very, very busy round here me thinks...
A special iPhone-optimized version of MacRumorsLive with support for text updates and photos will also be available if you visit the site through your iPhone or iPod Touch. (Screenshot of iPhone/Touch version.)
That's slick you clever buggers :D

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Always great coverage here. Think I'll try the iPhone version this year. Twitter's a great addition for people on the go (though it's likely to go down due to traffic).

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
It'll be a sleepless night in anticipation:eek:

It's almost like Christmas... waking up early to see what Santa Jobs has left at the Apple Store...:D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The MacRumors forums will remain open. All members are invited to share their thoughts before, during, and after the Keynote.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This is going to be the LONGEST WEEKEND EVER in anticipation, which is fine by me because I'm going home to see my girlfriend and every time I do that the days fly by...would be great to slow it down. I think she's starting to get sick of me talking about it though.

NEW IPHONE AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I still think that there is going to be one mind-blowing revelation that none of us had even considered. The first iPhone pretty much blew everything out of the water and surpassed most people's expectations in several areas. I know it did for me.

Eric Cartmac

May 29, 2008
NY
What to eat?

I have all of Monday blocked off. My ritual is to do NO work and stay home all day...

I have MacRumorsLive (of course) ready to go...

And I make myself a super-fresh deli sandwhich. I'm talking MAJOR eats. I think Monday I am going to go with roast beef cooked medium-well, topped with swiss, cole slaw, pickles. Also, a red-bull to kick my apple-love-shivers into space, and a pile of cookies.

If you have a sandwich idea that is extreme, let me know, I always go with the half pound of roast beef but need to try something new.

Credit card space has also been cleared for iPhone2 purchace, hope you all have space too!

:) :)

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Great!
Thanks very much, the coverage of MacWorld was great!
I'm looking forward to it!

EgbertAttrick

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Once upon a time, the NFL Draft was nothing. Now it is a multi-million dollar spectacle broadcast around the world in HD on multiple cable networks.

Something tells me that it won't be long before a Steve Jobs keynote speech gets the same kind of press coverage!

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
FTW!!!

I'll be watching MacRumorsLive.com throughout!

I'd like to say thanks so much to the team at Mac Rumors for delivering this service, much appreciated.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm glad to see this happening again and glad to see that the macrumors group actually got tickets to the sold out show. The iPhone/iPod Touch formatted page for Mac World was awesome. Thanks to those who make this possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.