WWDC MIA: iLife and iWork 07???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by G4R2, Jun 13, 2007.

1. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

Any word from WWDC participants on the status of iLife or iWork?

The silence on these two application suites is deafening. No doubt many are speculating that the delay in announcing these products is related to some Leopard only features, such as Core Animation effects in iLife or the use of Stacks and Quickview in iWork, but it would be nice to have some timeline for these products.

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

iLife will not be until January 2008 and will no doubt come with iWork included

well they can not release iLife and iWork 07 in september then replace it in january ?

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

WWDC is for developers. iLife and iWork are for consumers. WWDC is not hte platform that Apple will use to announce these apps. Look for something at the Paris Expo probably, or a special event to be held before October.

4. pengu macrumors 6502a

maybe ilife and iwork are bundled with leopard (theres one big SECRET for all you whiners).

they could literally be added days before it goes to be pressed (the discs that is)

5. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

I think you might have that backward. I'm basing that on the fact that the full iLife suite comes pre-installed on many Mac's while iWork is only a 30 trial.

I agree on the time frame. I'd be surprised to see a new iWork before January. We might see an upgraded iLife when 10.5 starts shipping, IMO.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

considering the lack or rumors about both suites for quite some time, i doubt updates are imminent. they moved OS updates off of a 'near yearly' schedule so i wouldn't be surprised to see the same done for iLife and iWork.

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I would think in October with Leopard, and the new Macs - going to be a crazy fall...

I've come to the realization that for Apple, it's iPhone from here on out until fall...