WWDC Party???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lostngone, Apr 28, 2008.

1. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

Anyone know if they are going to have a Campus Bash or do the Yerba Buena Gardens thing like last year?

I liked the Campus Bash of years past 100 times more then what they did last year. I'm sure Apple saved a fortune on the bus rental alone but it wasn't as fun as visiting Mecca(Apple HQ)

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

All these WWDC threads make me so depressed because I wont be able to go for a long time yet :(

Is it true you can meet Jobs and Woz there?

3. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

I have seen Woz and Jobs walking around more at past Macworld's then at past WWDC's

4. lostngone thread starter macrumors 65816

lostngone

Ok, so its another year. My guess is after 3 years in a row the Yerba Buena Gardens gig is here to stay(anyone know for sure?).

My question is what did you people like better the Campus Bash or the Yerba Buena Gardens party?

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

They usually don't announce any details about it this early, so the only people who know for sure are Apple employees who are probably barred from telling us. :)

I would guess, but don't know for certain, that their decision-making process includes at least two factors: the relative cost of campus vs Yerba Buena, and how many people are expected to attend. Since last year sold out, their campus might not be able to handle all of those people.

Personally, I don't really care where they hold it, so long as the band is as cool as Barenaked Ladies last year. :D

6. loopt macrumors newbie

Loopt Star Launch Party!

If you're going to WWDC 2010, and you're looking for a party, come out to the Loopt Star Launch Party:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=101423973239511&ref=ts

It's free open bar (if you have Loopt Star on your phone), and St. John from Movin' 99.7 will be DJing from 8:00PM on!