WWDC Sessions videos worth it?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by admanimal, Jul 16, 2009.

1. admanimal macrumors 68040

Has anyone purchased the WWDC sessions videos either this year or in the past? I am wondering if they are really worth it and provide unique examples and insight into things, or if they just present kind of standard information that one can get elsewhere.

2. gbacklin macrumors newbie

I just bought the 299 iPhone package and am a free ADC member as well as the 99 iPhone Developer. The videos and slides came down perfect; and I am going through the movies right now, will comment on them as I get throught them, however when I clicked the link to get the sample code in the iTunes Store it redirected me to the ADC site where I logged in and ADC said I did not have sufficient privileges to get the sample code because I was a free member.

Not too pleased.

3. admanimal thread starter macrumors 68040

4. gbacklin macrumors newbie

I am dowloading them as I type, they are averaging 50 to 65 minutes each so far.

I am just not pleased with the sample code accessibility.

5. CodeJingle macrumors 6502

Was the sample code for iPhone OS or MacOSX ? If it is Mac sample code you probably need the $99 Mac dev membership as well

6. buckyballs macrumors regular

7. admanimal thread starter macrumors 68040

Well I was at the actual conference this year, so I wouldn't have needed to buy them anyway :p