WWDC Thunderbolt Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by badcrc32, Jun 8, 2013.

1. badcrc32 macrumors regular

Any chance on this happening I was really hoping for this to be along side the new Macbook Pros.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If the suppliers can keep up with iMac and ATD screen production...maybe.

They sure need one for any new MacPro.

3. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

same here. and for the love of pete but usb 3 in there

4. cxc273 macrumors regular

Of course, there's always a chance. It seems a new Thunderbolt display is pretty much inevitable.

When I got one of the first unibody MacBook Pros back in '08, the 24" LED Cinema Display was introduced along side it, which I also purchased. I can't remember if the follow-up displays (27" Cinema Display, 27" Thunderbolt, and 27" Thunderbolt rev B) were introduced with updated Macs. I don't know if the timing of those displays coincides with new Mac hardware.

The only thing I can think of that might prevent a display announcement at WWDC is if Apple may have some yield/supply problems like they had when they introduced the iMacs at the end of last year. ​

5. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

I hope they have it fixed by now. I will wait till tomorrow to see what they offer. I will order a TBD if nothing is introduced or I don't like what is offered.

6. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

I have been waiting since 12/2012 for a new ATD. I am a patient man, but eventually even a patient man becomes weary.

7. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

No they don't.

Go buy a real monitor from Eizo, NEC, HP, Lacie, etc. They all offer industry standards-compliant DisplayPort monitors, which the Thunderbolt monitor clearly is not.

-SC

8. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Ahh man no new monitor. Oh well. Just placed an order got a 27 TBD.