WWDC Thunderbolt Display

badcrc32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Any chance on this happening I was really hoping for this to be along side the new Macbook Pros.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
If the suppliers can keep up with iMac and ATD screen production...maybe.

They sure need one for any new MacPro.

cxc273

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Of course, there's always a chance. It seems a new Thunderbolt display is pretty much inevitable.

When I got one of the first unibody MacBook Pros back in '08, the 24" LED Cinema Display was introduced along side it, which I also purchased. I can't remember if the follow-up displays (27" Cinema Display, 27" Thunderbolt, and 27" Thunderbolt rev B) were introduced with updated Macs. I don't know if the timing of those displays coincides with new Mac hardware.

The only thing I can think of that might prevent a display announcement at WWDC is if Apple may have some yield/supply problems like they had when they introduced the iMacs at the end of last year.​

OatmealRocks

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009

The only thing I can think of that might prevent a display announcement at WWDC is if Apple may have some yield/supply problems like they had when they introduced the iMacs at the end of last year.​
I hope they have it fixed by now. I will wait till tomorrow to see what they offer. I will order a TBD if nothing is introduced or I don't like what is offered.

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
Any chance on this happening I was really hoping for this to be along side the new Macbook Pros.
I have been waiting since 12/2012 for a new ATD. I am a patient man, but eventually even a patient man becomes weary.

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
If the suppliers can keep up with iMac and ATD screen production...maybe.

They sure need one for any new MacPro.
No they don't.

Go buy a real monitor from Eizo, NEC, HP, Lacie, etc. They all offer industry standards-compliant DisplayPort monitors, which the Thunderbolt monitor clearly is not.

-SC