Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
What We will Get.

The New iPod - Wide Screen

Mac Pro - 3 Versions... (2 Duals, 1 Quad, Woodcrest Intel Xeon Processors) New Case, Dual Optical Drives, One Super Drive, One Standard Blue Ray Drive.

New iMac's... No new size or screens. Merom 2.0GHz and 2.33GHz Models, x1800 Mobile, 512MB VRAM Option on the 20 Incher. Option for Black now available.

OS 10.5 Preview and Launch Date. January 2007. Preview iLife 07 and iWork 07 with the excel type application.

This will happen. :) Lets just say thats how I roll.

ariechel

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2005
I think people are overly optimistic about the chances of new hardware being released at WWDC. Since it has already been announced (link, anyone?), we are sure to get a demo of Leopard. But I can't see anything other than a successor to the Power Mac G5 being released.

Why? Maybe, just maybe they will release an iMac with Conroe but anything with Merom will have to wait until the end of August at the earliest, which Intel has indicated is the earliest that we will see notebooks with Merom. Some people have claimed that "Apple is now playing with the big boys" but it just isn't realistic to believe that Apple will be getting these processors a full month before anyone else. Apple may be a mid-size but possibly prestigious client for Intel. But Intel will not want to antagonize all its other clients.

bradc

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2006
Canader eh
iBunny said:
What We will Get.

The New iPod - Wide Screen

Mac Pro - 3 Versions... (2 Duals, 1 Quad, Woodcrest Intel Xeon Processors) New Case, Dual Optical Drives, One Super Drive, One Standard Blue Ray Drive.

New iMac's... No new size or screens. Merom 2.0GHz and 2.33GHz Models, x1800 Mobile, 512MB VRAM Option on the 20 Incher. Option for Black now available.

OS 10.5 Preview and Launch Date. January 2007. Preview iLife 07 and iWork 07 with the excel type application.

This will happen. :) Lets just say thats how I roll.

Are you from [H]ard|OCP Forums?? I somehow doubt bluray, although it could be a CTO/BTO option...it's just too expensive. That said, Apple are the early adopters of new technology. Also, Steve Jobs thinks highly of Sony... when he addressed and made a tribute to the founder of Sony when he died. He did this before a Keynote, so who knows. It would certainly give Sony a definitive 'first-blood' into the market. With 10,000's of units going out having sold so many computers with Bluray it would almost make Bluray the defacto standard overnight?

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Coincidence

Does anyone think it is just a coincidence that the day the edu-free-ipod offer ends on September 16th the last day of the Apple Paris Expo? Or do you think Steve was like "I want all those blasted things out of my sight by the time I get back from Paris..."?

Another coincidnece: WWDC pushed back, Merom release early?

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
ChickenSwartz said:
Does anyone think it is just a coincidence that the day the edu-free-ipod offer ends on September 16th the last day of the Apple Paris Expo? Or do you think Steve was like "I want all those blasted things out of my sight by the time I get back from Paris..."?

Another coincidnece: WWDC pushed back, Merom release early?

Looks like an indicator. Makes sense to hold iPod updates off another 6 weeks for Paris to have something big for it.

slimflem

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
TheAnswer said:
I of course want to be able to:
1) Select files
2) Hit keyboard command for "Move to"
3) Start to type name of folder, have spotlight gave me options with detailed directories, and select the correct one when it appears. Then select Move (to move and remain where I am) or Go (to follow the files to the new directory)

Uhhh, Quicksilver is all over that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.