WWDC will broadcast online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trance, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Trance macrumors 6502

I'm new to the whole wwdc i'm wondering is it for public view?

2. celticpride678

If Apple decides to stream it from their website, then yes. The other two options are:

1. Someone sneaks a camera in
    2. You read the many live blogs that will be around the Internet

3. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Although Apple may not have the event broadcasting live, it usually makes the keynotes available later in the day through this page on their site.

4. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

They are also made available through the podcasts section of iTunes. Just search for Apple Keynotes.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Stay posted to MacRumors, it's the next best thing to a live stream. I doubt they'll be live streaming this one though, no sign yet and it's tomorrow!

6. cav23j macrumors regular

they usually wait until the day of event to announce

7. celticpride678

They usually announce the stream one day before the event. If there is going to be streaming, we can expect the announcement sometime today.

8. roflc0pter macrumors regular

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Even if Apple doesn't do any streaming, sites such as Engadget and Gizmodo will be running live blogs from the event. Either of those sites will provide up top the minute updates on what's going on.

10. ikaveh macrumors regular

you mean macrumors twitter page? or main page? or maybe their feeds on google reader?

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Usually the MacRumors page is autodirected to a live stream. I wouldn't go with Gizmodo as we all know they will never be invited to an Apple event again - Engadget usually has a decent stream, I would even give thisismynext.com and chance this year over Engadget.

12. Colors6 macrumors member

If they are announcing iCloud, wouldn't it be appropriate if they streamed this keynote live?

It would be symbolic but nice.

If google can stream all their keynotes live, why not Apple?

13. celticpride678

It's not that they can't - they have in the past. It's more if they "want" to stream the event.

14. temux macrumors newbie

as far as I can remember they live streamed the ipod event last august, but if they don't do it this time I can recommend joining the Spoiler-free community on macrumors. A few hour before the event someone (Im still waiting) starts a thread like "Spoiler-free WWDC 2011" When the event stream is available on apple.com they post a spoiler-free link for everyone to watch.

It's almost better than a live stream, almost...:)

15. MacMadHatter, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011

MacMadHatter macrumors newbie

MacMadHatter

16. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Well why is it that at times they want to stream an event and at times they don't?

What's the decision maker whether they want to stream or not?

I'm guessing maybe it depends on what is being announced.

17. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I usually have macrumors and engadget going. Hopefully Apple will surprise us and stream it though.

18. nexsta macrumors 6502

CNN had a live video stream for the last apple keynote with a few min delay, hopefully they will do it again tomorrow!

http://live.cnn.com/future/

19. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Many sites like Engadget and MacRumors keep you up to date as things happen at WWDC. Apple will most likely post the keynote later on in the day, since that's what they always seem to do. Even if they end up not posting a live stream of the event, almost every tech site/blog offers a live newsfeed of the keynote, so you won't be left out :)

20. JASApplications macrumors 65816

21. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Steve jobs will make everyone to turn off their Wi-fi again. I doubt there will be any live update. SJ will say turn off your Wi-fi or you all go home.

22. celticpride678

It could be that. But an event like WWDC where tickets cost a lot, Apple may want to make the developers feel "special" and have them know first.