Wwdc

roanmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Why are we so sure Apple will make hardware announcements at WWDC ?

Isn't WWDC supposed to be about software ? Did they previously make hardware announcements at this event ?

EDIT: I am really puzzled by the minus 1 vote. Some people have too much free time. Seriously, I am asking an innocent question and I get minused ? Get a life.

Last edited:

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Why are so sure Apple will make hardware announcements at WWDC ?

Isn't WWDC supposed to be about software ? Did they previously make hardware announcements at this event ?
Last time they did hardware at WWDC was the 2009 MBP. Last time they did desktop hardware was the 2006 Mac Pro.

Comment

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Why are so sure Apple will make hardware announcements at WWDC ?

2009:
Announcements at the keynote included the release of the iOS 3.0 software announced to developers in March, a demonstration of Mac OS X v10.6, the new 13" MacBook Pro, updates to the 15" and 17" MacBook Pros, and the new iPhone 3GS.
2010:
On June 7, 2010, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced the iPhone 4[9] and the renaming of iPhone OS to iOS.
2011, 2008, 2007 didn't really have any major hardware announcements, but 2006:
As expected, the Mac Pro was announced as a replacement to the Power Mac G5 that was previously Apple's "pro" desktop computer, and the last remaining PowerPC-based Mac.
All eyes will be on Apple come WWDC, so it's a great time to announce revamped Macs for sure.

Comment

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
I am really puzzled by the minus 1 vote. Some people have too much free time. Seriously, I am asking an innocent question and I get minused ? Get a life.
Does it matter? Google WWDC hardware announcement and you will find your answer. If votes really matter to you, then you are the one who should get a life.

Comment

cocky jeremy

macrumors 601
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
It's usually software, sure, but a lot of people aren't taking something into account with this; a new CEO. Who says Cook wants WWDC to be almost exclusively software?

Comment

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
EDIT: I am really puzzled by the minus 1 vote. Some people have too much free time. Seriously, I am asking an innocent question and I get minused ? Get a life.
Dude, seriously. Don't pay too much attention to the minus votes on this forum or else you'll go nuts. I often find myself scratching my head as to why something gets down voted and then I realize that even stupid people know how to click with a mouse.

Comment

cocky jeremy

macrumors 601
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
Dude, seriously. Don't pay too much attention to the minus votes on this forum or else you'll go nuts. I often find myself scratching my head as to why something gets down voted and then I realize that even stupid people know how to click with a mouse.
Mention the votes, you automatically get downvotes. It's like clockwork. Watch.. the votes are pointless!

(Wait for it..)

Comment

IPlayFair

macrumors member
May 12, 2012
Why are we so sure Apple will make hardware announcements at WWDC ?

They are just elfing with you.

Comment

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
this will be an interesting week. Some rumors should pop up, and hopefully those will be of desktop macs at WWDC. ...if not I'll get really worried.

Comment

IamMarcoPolo

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2011
this will be an interesting week. Some rumors should pop up, and hopefully those will be of desktop macs at WWDC. ...if not I'll get really worried.
same i am really wanting to buy an imac i already have a mac pro but im going down the imac + ipad route as i will be less mobile this year

Comment

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
same i am really wanting to buy an imac i already have a mac pro but im going down the imac + ipad route as i will be less mobile this year
The iMac + iPad route seems like a nice idea, I might do this when the new iMac is released:)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.