Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbone7467

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Im hoping they adapt a subscription model like Hulu. I like being able to manage my subscriptions thru iTunes its a one stop shop and I don't have to worry about multiple bills.

dickdaney

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2009
I haven't watched WWE since I dropped cable last summer. This may get me watching it again. Now if only I can get Formula 1 and English Premier League soccer on streaming, I'd be set.

Smallville

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2004
Fantastic news mostly because I'm a wrestling fan, but it could be great for cable cutters all over if it's a successful venture. I've dreamed of the day when I could order channels a la carte instead of being forced into an overpriced bundle for a single channel. Hopefully, it can also do away with the nonsense that if I want to stream a show or channel, I must already have a cable account. What is the point of that for the cable cutters? I'll gladly pay a few bucks a month for the channel or show!

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
Not really been a fan of WWE since my mid teens but this is a real game changer and I think in two years time we will only subscribe to networks in this way.

If that's the case, it better be like .25 a channel; not $9.99.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
There are just over 12 hours until WWE Network launches. Hopefully an ATV app is imminent.

jlusk99

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2013
Looks like there will be NO AppleTV app at launch...ughhh. It is such a pain in the ass to go through Airplay, the quality is not as good. Why is AppleTV SO SLOW with everything???

And to bring up an old issue, why is HBO Go STILL not available through AppleTV with Charter Cable? Charter lets you use it through Roku and any other Apple device. What is so evil about the Apple TV?

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Why is AppleTV SO SLOW with everything???

Because there is no App Store. You can't just create a channel for Apple TV. Apple gets to decide what channels can be added. You can't ever expect it to be at the forefront of tv apps if they continue with this model for much longer.

jlusk99

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2013
I understand there's no App store, but is it really that involved for Apple to create an app for AppleTV? I really don't know, but it seems like it would be pretty simple.

jlusk99

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2013
Well I stand corrected...

Apparently there IS an AppleTV app for WWE already. I'm not home from work so haven't tested it yet, but word is it's available.

Pleasantly surprised for a change. (although it did take me 5 1/2 hours from launch to be able to successfully create a WWE network account)

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I've been watching the live feed on my Apple TV for the last couple of hours. Great picture quality. I would say it's as good as Watch ESPN. I'm really impressed with the picture quality of past PPVs. I watched some of Wrestlemania 3, and it looked amazing.

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.

Apparently there IS an AppleTV app for WWE already. I'm not home from work so haven't tested it yet, but word is it's available.

Pleasantly surprised for a change. (although it did take me 5 1/2 hours from launch to be able to successfully create a WWE network account)

Yep. Just looked on the apple tv home screen and it's right there next to where they put that redbull thing. 3rd row down on mine.

Toaster Boy

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2010
Burbank, CA
So, I purchased a subscription via iTunes on the AppleTV. Anyone know how to login not on iPad or iPhone? My iTunes ID and password isn't cutting it.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles

I couldn't create one until Raw ended!

Overall I like the service but I'm still pretty irritated that Raw and Smackdown won't be on the App until 30 days later. I am enjoying the live feed though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.