WWII in HD

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Nov 18, 2009.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

2. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

I've caught a few min here and there looks good...will pick up the DVD set when it comes out in January...

Cheers.

-J.-

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I was turned on to it last night and I gotta say this is maybe the best WWII documentary ever.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I saw some last night and think it is a great documentary.

5. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

Watched the first episode with my Dad, a WWII vet and ex POW. They were showing the Americans in North Africa around Oran which was where he was based when he first went over. He seemed to enjoy pointing out things and complaining about the guys who were commenting about their service. He has the Fly Boy attitude to this very day, the old " yeah those guys had it tough, but you don't know scary untill you fly through an anti-aircraft barrage from the 88s!" I think it must have brought back some memories he had just as soon not come back, because he declined to watch the next episode wih me. I will buy the DVD set when it is available too.

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I would agree. I have been watching and I must say it's mind blowing to see all this footage in color. I don't know if it makes it "more real" as absurd as that sounds but it just brings something that the b/w footage doesn't. I sit there watching it and can't look away. Both awful and amazing.

7. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Just watched the first episode, downloaded on Xbox Live. I guess I'll have to get the whole set when it sells on Amazon.