www.apple.com the most visited webpage among computer vendors

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by spinnerlys, Mar 12, 2010.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Here is a link to a BBC article that compiled its data from Nielsen, where it is shown, that Apple received 5 times more visitors than Dell and HP in January 2010. 119 million visitors. Google "only" got 350million visitors.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8562801.stm

Of course not all of them were looking at the computers, and some of the traffic might have been triggered by the iPad and the preceding rumours, but it is still still impressive.

Apple does not need to Envy the Adamo I think. And it probably doesn't.

2. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

"The Dell Store is down" sticky just doesn't attract that much attention.:D

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well considering Apple has crazy fanboys and on top of that Apple sells a lot more than just computers it does not surpise me.

Apple is better known for iPods, iPhone now. Dell is still know to sell computers and people on go there to buy computers. People surf Apple web site to get a lot of other things.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The natural language URLs for product pages help a lot.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Apple does a lot more things than, say, Dell or HP so I'm not surprised Apple's site gets more traffic than other hardware vendors. I mean, how often to people visit Dell's site unless they are actively searching for a new computer? MS, by comparison, got 220 million visits over the same time period.

Lethal

6. belvdr macrumors 603

I wonder how many of those hits were from everyone refreshing the page when the store is down. :)

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Those are only counted once. Generally speaking each IP address is only counted once per day.

8. belvdr macrumors 603

It was more of a joke than anything, but yes I see they are counting unique visitors.

9. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Apple has a lot less products than Dell and HP, so I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. They do more interesting things though.

iTunes links and iTunes movie trailers no doubt help though.

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Talking about purely computer hardware I agree, but Apple casts a much broader net w/the products it offers. iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, OS X, iLife, iWork, Mobile Me, FCS, Aperture, Logic, etc.,. are all under one umbrella.

Lethal

11. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Is it any wonder? The past decade belonged to Apple. This one looks to be the same. Apple is a unique organization in this industry.

12. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

True, but I'd still imagine HPs product portfolio is wider. And HP do a fair amount of Software as well.

13. spinnerlys thread starter Guest

spinnerlys

I only visit the trailer section though, or the technical specifications pages, to copy them into my posts.

I wonder if the Support and Discussions are counted too, as they use another URL (support.apple.com and discussions.apple.com) which would conflict with the statement I made in the thread title.

14. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Not really. The last decade may do in your mind, but there are plenty of other companies that have created useful, innovative, technology products this past decade. Please, increase your vision, stop being so narrow minded.

Although, I do believe that it is the most visited site. I knew several people who didn't even have any apple products who would perve on them on the apple website, wishing they had the money. Even Windows/Linux fanboys went on there.

Also probably due to the fact that the Apple Website is useful for Mac Software and Apple do sell a wide range of products.

15. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.