WYSIWYG editor for mac + more

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by bluap84, Feb 13, 2012.

1. bluap84 macrumors 6502

Hi guys...

unable to find the answer to my question really...

I have bought a licence for TextMate which i really like. With its bundles and themes plus many more cool features. But i have seen other people also sometimes have Coda installed. How do people rate Coda, i hear some people raving about how amazing it is?

Would this be an idea to do so? Can Coda be used as an WYSIWYG editor too. Or would i have to stick with DW?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I'd echo the recommendation for RapidWeaver. I've also heard good things about SandVox, though I haven't used it myself.

4. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok i have had a look at RapidWeaver and tbh, its not what im looking for. It looks like it doesnt allow much coding. its "looks" like more of a novice drag and drop application

on the other hand. i have just downloaded the trial of Coda and WOW!!!! i love it...so ill be trailing this..

thanks for the advice

5. ExcitedByNoise macrumors newbie

I've also heard good things about Espresso. Right now I am using Aptana, but I want to upgrade to something a little nicer and WYSIWYG built in would be nice.

6. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

7. burne, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

burne macrumors 6502

burne

Coda has a slightly crude WYSIWYG mode. On the other hand, previewing what you have in a variety of browsers is a snap. You cannot beat its style sheet editor, and the many ways of publishing your work, including svn check ins are unsurpassed in my humble opinion. Then again, I'm an old UNIX fart who prefers create comfort over smart looks. Coda has a trial. Just download, use and decide over 30 days.

('Slightly crude' in the sense that it renders your HTML in WebKit and shows the result. That is different from editing your page in a WYSIWYG-editor. )