X back a fingerprint magnet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReallyBigFeet, Nov 3, 2017.

1. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Finally have an iPhone I wouldn’t mind showing off, and the back is a fingerprint magnet. Into the case it goes!

2. noodle15 macrumors member

What color did you purchase. This was my worry. Probably the same as the Jet Black or Glass on Space grey Iphone 8

3. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

I actually think the sides - on the silver at least - are much worse.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Polished Steele and black glass show off finger prints. News at 11.

5. kimchi123 macrumors newbie

kimchi123

yes it is. first thing i noticed right away. here I go to the store to get a case now.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

Let’s see, the back is polished glass like the front and you’re surprised that fingerprints appear on it? It will be even more noticeable on a space gray unit.

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Glass always is. I have space grey and expected it when I ordered it. Got a few see through cases and the leather one from apple on the way.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Did you buy the phone to show off to others ,like it were a prized work of art, or did you buy it for what it is?

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I couldn't tolerate it on my 8 so I picked up up a dbrand skin. Takes me back to the 5C days...

95BA3421-4F54-4C57-86ED-FD42B437AAD9.jpeg

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Anything with the darker tone color and having your fingerprints on a touch display and glass backing will inevitably show fingerprints. Which is the downside to owning a device like that. So either use a case in your situation or use a microfiber cloth regularly.

11. ReallyBigFeet thread starter macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

It’s an overpriced Apple phone. Of course I bought it to show it off. If I just needed a smartphone, I could have saved myself hundreds and bought an Android.

12. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Buying an iPhone to show off to others, as if it makes you any more important in life, is rather vain. If you think others really care what kind of phone you have, you are mistaken, in my opinion.

13. ReallyBigFeet thread starter macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Buying anything to show it off is vain. I could just as easily leave the house without combing my hair, brushing my teeth, and live like a hobo but y’kno...vanity.

Vanity and Apple are made for one another. You wouldn’t even be here otherwise.

Problem solved: Case on phone. I’ll try and ugly it up some to make you feel more comfortable around me.

14. Ugi macrumors regular

Wow that‘s far from looking good. Beautiful design destroyed by some ugly skin.

15. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

That is SO. AWESOME. I had no idea such things existed.

How has it held up? Is it easy to install?

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Dental hygiene shouldn’t be a vanity issue.... lol.

17. Knowlege Bomb, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017

Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Love how drastically different the people are around here. that picture honestly doesn’t do it justice. The white looks really dingy when in reality it’s very bright. Looks great in contrast with the black buttons/screen/logo.

I’ve only had it on for a day but it’s the same as the Best Skins Ever clear skins I used to use and they always held up really well. I wouldn’t say it’s easy to install as it took me a little under a half hour and required some finesse to get everything lined up to my standards but well worth it IMO.

18. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I can understand what you are saying. I carry an S8+ around and it’s really a beautiful phone and works well, but I keep it in a case because showing off the Samsung brand name isn’t that important. With an Apple product a big motivator (at least for me) in the purchase is the brand name. I don’t blame you for wanting to show off your phone.

19. Ugi macrumors regular

Can you post a photo showing the front?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---

20. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

932ED93C-83F1-4EFD-AC28-C167747258FB.jpeg 3D33B46B-94DC-4D28-B420-2FECCC39D66E.jpeg
    How about two?