Hello all! I've been using X-Chat Aqua for a long time, being a shameless IRC addict (on the way to rehab ) and having had previous experience with xchat on linux and BSD many years ago. Everything went fine, but after upgrading to Leopard I stumbled into some weird bug: the nicklist shows truncated nicknames, and it does so without a pattern that can be traced down. For instance a bot whose nick is "Rutilante" is shown as "Rutilant"; yesterday, a friend of mine whose nick is "|DarkSin|" was displayed as "|". However, using the contextual menu on these shortened nicks works as expected. This happens on any connection, so I suppose it's some internal function dealing with splitting the server's NAMES reply into tokens that has changed or wasn't very consistent and got messed up when running in Leopard. The very weird thing is that the bug appears inconsistently: if |DarkSin| is online, he will appear as "|" and Rutilante will correctly be "Rutilante". However, if |DarkSin| leaves, then Rutilante will become "Rutilant" in the nicklist. Rutilante leaves, and someone else (for instance Cetrone) will lose some letters (specifically, it'd be "Cetron"). This happens on any connection on any network but only on one channel (|DarkSin| is shown correctly on another channel we are both on), so I suppose it's some internal function dealing with splitting the server's NAMES reply into tokens that has changed or wasn't very consistent and got messed up when running in Leopard. I also tried moving xchat's preferences folder somewhere else to have a virgin install of it, but it's still there. A friend of mine using a PPC Mac (I'm on Intel) confirmed the issue. I even tried downloading the CVS version to try and compile it, but I admit I don't really have a clear idea of how Xcode works for this kind of projects. It complains it needs some header files, and I'm not sure about how to proceed with telling it where they are. I cloned myself and joined an empty channel and made some tests. To summarise the resultsI'll use a short format, being nickIhad -> nickitshowed: Jolline -> Jolline (ok) Jollino-e -> Jollino-e (ok) Jollino-ee -> Jollino-ee (ok) Jollino-eee -> Jollino- (not ok) Danie1e -> Danie1e (ok) DanIE1e -> DanIE1 (not ok) DDaniele -> DDaniele (ok) DDDaniele -> DDDaniel (not ok) |Jollino| -> |Jollino| (ok) |JolLino| -> | (not ok) |jollino| -> | (not ok) It is not a matter of truncating the nick, because sometimes longer nick works. It's not (only?) a matter of mixed caps because it's inconsistent. It's also not a problem of parsing the 353 message (NAMES reply), because the problem happens both on that, and on NICK changes (ie. re-issuing /NAMES or even /WHO #chan doesn't fix it). It's also very weird that it happens only on random channels, without any real logic behind it. It MUST be a visualisation issue because if I right-click on any seemingly truncated nickname, the contextual menu shows the correct nick and any operation works (and so do the buttons right below the nicklist). I obviously already contacted Steve Green (author of X-Chat Aqua), but he said he has no time to dedicate to the project and that he would forward my email to the current developer but I didn't get any feedback, so I'm trying to find out whether it happens to other people too. Any brainstorming is welcome.