X=FIRST I PHONE WITH A CASE/SKIN

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by steelo3232, Nov 7, 2017.

1. steelo3232 macrumors regular

So after a few days with this device I noticed that it is a finger print magnet. I don’t know why it appears to collect more fingerprints than the 8plus in gold (they have the same back)... maybe color scheme, maybe size? Aesthetics wasn’t my concern, but at the end of the day, again due to size difference or color, this thing had so much fingerprint oil on it, slippery would be an understandment the thing feels like like it has Crisco on it after all day use. After a mere few days I had to get a skin to put on the back.....It’s clear so at least the phone as designed is viewable but admittedly, it would be nice to run this phone naked as I have all my other IPhones since IPhone 4....

Anyone else sporting a case or skin for the first time due to reasons similar? No screen protector for me, just a clear skin and thus far the slippery issue and fingerprints has subsided and the girth added to the phone is minimal.

2. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I’m thinking it was due to the initial coating that it shipped with. The first few days my phone looked pretty gross from all the fingerprints, smudged really easily. But now it doesn’t seem to show it as visibly anymore and is much grippier than when I first had it.

Or maybe it’s just all in my head. Lol.

3. steelo3232 thread starter macrumors regular

@supertomtom I’m afraid to give it another week to test your theory.... by 5 o’clock this thing is greased like a pig at a fair!!!

4. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

5. Jasonstevens macrumors regular

Why are people so obsessed with their phone being a fingerprint magnet? Wash your hands more often and wipe the back of your phone every now and again. It’s not like even something I think about.