My daughter knocked a glass of water during the night on to her MacBook. It was plugged in and closed. When she noticed, it was a few hours later. We took out the battery and left it out for a few more hours and then tried to start.... nothing. So we plugged it in and it starts fine, but has an x in the battery display. I bought a new battery and even swapped out hers in to my MacBook and it works fine. They just won't work together. Is there hope? I tried the remove and hitting the option, apple p and r keys and waiting 3 times, but nothing changed. Any suggestions. Her computer is only 14 months old, but out of warrenty.