X in the Battery after H20 episode

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kmyount, Sep 23, 2008.

1. kmyount macrumors newbie

My daughter knocked a glass of water during the night on to her MacBook. It was plugged in and closed. When she noticed, it was a few hours later. We took out the battery and left it out for a few more hours and then tried to start.... nothing. So we plugged it in and it starts fine, but has an x in the battery display. I bought a new battery and even swapped out hers in to my MacBook and it works fine. They just won't work together. Is there hope? I tried the remove and hitting the option, apple p and r keys and waiting 3 times, but nothing changed. Any suggestions. Her computer is only 14 months old, but out of warrenty.

2. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Maybe this will help you solve the problem: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1457

I know it's little consolation, but it doesn't really matter if it is out of warranty or not, they'll always charge you for a repair because of spill damage.

3. eman macrumors 6502a

The faster you can get the battery out and unplug the charger from your laptop the better. Never try to turn your macbook on until all the water is dried. Sounds like the the charging circuit is fried. The only fix may be another logic board.